Premed 101 Forums

Undergrad

Hay

Hey everyone,

So I’m actually a 3rd year cognitive science student at York University and I have my mind set on going to UofT Med or any med school at the point. I’ll actually be graduating with a BA next year. I’ve heard too many rumours (possibly truths?) that almost all med schools in Ontario rarely accept BA graduates let alone from York U.

Id really like to know if this is true or not before I take the mcat this summer. Also my GPA is a 3.8

9 minutes ago, Hay said:

Hey everyone,

So I’m actually a 3rd year cognitive science student at York University and I have my mind set on going to UofT Med or any med school at the point. I’ll actually be graduating with a BA next year. I’ve heard too many rumours (possibly truths?) that almost all med schools in Ontario rarely accept BA graduates let alone from York U.

Id really like to know if this is true or not before I take the mcat this summer. Also my GPA is a 3.8

Canadian schools don't care what degree you have as long as it is from a PhD granting institution. You could take a bachelor of fine arts for all they care. All you need to worry about is that you have the required pre-requisites that a couple schools have(not all schools have prereqs).  

34 minutes ago, MedicineLCS said:

You dont even need to go to a PhD granting institution, Calgary's transfer rule is discretionary. As long as you're attending a reputable university, in person, with a course load that meets rules you're fine. 

York is reputable right?