Premed 101 Forums

Hello! I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I don't know what to search to find a thread on this topic. 

Do any medical schools care about taking out-of-year courses? For example, taking 3rd year courses in 4th year? Would it be a problem if 3/5 classes in a semester were 3rd year courses when you are in fourth year? Just trying to look ahead for course registration :) 

I don't know if it's worth bending over backwards and taking courses that I'm not really interested in just to have most of my classes be in my 'year of study'. I'm going to check out admission websites when I get some time, but I was hoping someone might have an answer off the top of their head first :) 

Thanks in advance!

You should always ask your questions to the universities directly. Unfortunately, there's a lot of misinformation here... If you copy/paste your message it won't take too much time.

Off the top of my head, I know that McGill asks for the ''year level'' of each course, but I have no idea how much they care. But I only applied to Quebec universities, so i don't know about elsewhere in Canada or US.