Premed 101 Forums

When will the decisions be sent out?

mcgillmdbd

McGill website says the week of March 25th (which is a Wednesday), and Med-P interview invites are coming out the same week on Friday March 27th. Has there been a specific day on which acceptances are sent out? Would it be more realistic to expect university applicants' decisions to come out after the Med-P invites (so in the following week)? 

Any insight would be appreciated

14 minutes ago, mcgillmdbd said:

McGill website says the week of March 25th (which is a Wednesday), and Med-P interview invites are coming out the same week on Friday March 27th. Has there been a specific day on which acceptances are sent out? Would it be more realistic to expect university applicants' decisions to come out after the Med-P invites (so in the following week)? 

Any insight would be appreciated

I think it would be on the 25, they just didn't mention specifically since it possible that it get delay but it's a safe bet I would say

McGill updated their site from "the week of March 25, 2020" to "March 25, 2020" but in my opinion, given what's going on right now it is possible they delay the decision date unfortunately... I believe the admissions team is still working, however, so anything is possible. I am also unsure if they could do the work remotely from their computers at home?

12 minutes ago, DrNan said:

I tried calling today but seems like Faculty of med is already closed....has anyone tried emailing. Also, what do you think will happen with Med Ps and would that change anything for uni level streams? 

I have no idea what they will do, but I think they may use only the Casper? Like Ulaval did in 2017.

I can't see any reason for that to change anything for university applicants. I think we are safe.

Even if we email them, right now they probably don't have the answers. They are probably discussing what they are going to do.

However, I do hope they don't delay their decisions... it's already so long!!

16 minutes ago, DrNan said:

I tried calling today but seems like Faculty of med is already closed....has anyone tried emailing. Also, what do you think will happen with Med Ps and would that change anything for uni level streams? 

The Med-P’s interviewing (if there are interviews) are for the Class of 2025 not 2024 (those are the current Med-Ps), so it doesn’t really effect us.

Do you think that there will be a delay in releasing admission decisions because of how overwhelming everything is right now? I wonder if anyone has tried contacting admissions... 

Although this seems very small compared to everything happening right now, but the wait is getting more and more stressful everyday

i agree with you that this is becoming more and more stressful day by day. i dont see why they would need to delay as i think schools are still working online. at this moment it seems like more number churning that they have to do to create a final rank list which can be done online. however i dont know. perhaps someone can be brave enough to email them and get a response.  

2 hours ago, Redroses said:

i agree with you that this is becoming more and more stressful day by day. i dont see why they would need to delay as i think schools are still working online. at this moment it seems like more number churning that they have to do to create a final rank list which can be done online. however i dont know. perhaps someone can be brave enough to email them and get a response.  

If this information was known and they were allowed to desseminate it, they would already have made a public announcement. I don't think you can get more info by email, unfortunately. Personally, I don't want to think about this possibility. I'm already so impatient and stressed lol

13 hours ago, Medlove1234454 said:

They cancelled the mmi for the premeds its on the website

Yes you're right. However, the point here is that it should not change the decision date, especially for university applicants, since we already had our MMIs in February. :) but we can be wrong about that... we will have more info soon!

Does anyone know what time on the 25th decisions will come out? I know they don't release that, but perhaps people who have interviewed before can share what time they've heard back in recent years! And as a second question (sorry lol, the anxiety is killing me): would it be updated on Minerva before emails are sent out? Trying to decide if it's worth my time refreshing Minerva every couple minutes ;) Thanks!

From what I’ve seen decisions are entered manually from 8am to 4pm with a lunch break in between. The system only sends the email around 9pm, so technically yes the first way to know is by refreshing. I’m hoping it just happens today or tomorrow while I’m not refreshing as often so we could all sleep on Tuesday night.

4 minutes ago, giraffe3 said:

From what I’ve seen decisions are entered manually from 8am to 4pm with a lunch break in between. The system only sends the email around 9pm, so technically yes the first way to know is by refreshing. I’m hoping it just happens today or tomorrow while I’m not refreshing as often so we could all sleep on Tuesday night.

dude, it's like they had a meeting to decide a way to release results that maximizes anxiety amongst applicants hahaha

Like some reverse utilitarianism shit

Thanks for the info though!! & good luck!

With the current situation, the different faculties, universities and governing-bodies in medicine are extremely busy trying to accommodate current and future students. Clerks have been removed from hospitals, some staff physicians are on quarantine and first-year students are waiting to resume classes online.  Even the Royal College exam has been cancelled and delayed.

Let's face it : the country is basically closed. Mortgages payments, electricity bills, municipal taxes, university semesters all have been cancelled or postponed. Therefore, my only advice is to not flood the mails and phone lines of the admission offices with questions. Believe me, if they had the results, they would want to send them out even before you would want to.

I know the wait is overwhelming because I was in your shoes not long ago.
Refreshing Minerva every single day, trying to find a clue in the different tabs, trying to notice any change on my application.

What I would suggest doing is using that time to rest and enjoy life as much as possible, within the circumstances.
Although we are all quarantined, the <free time> that we have right now will likely never be available again. 
You could use it to get involved in a research project or even study for potential pre-reqs, who knows.

And I really do hope you all get a positive answer this week.

Best of luck ! :)

6 hours ago, Applicant95 said:

dude, it's like they had a meeting to decide a way to release results that maximizes anxiety amongst applicants hahaha

Like some reverse utilitarianism shit

Thanks for the info though!! & good luck!

LOL exactly!! How could we make them stress even more? Let's make the whole process last 5 months :D (and even 6 months and a half for french universities, LOL)

4 hours ago, HoopDreams said:

What I would suggest doing is using that time to rest and enjoy life as much as possible, within the circumstances.

Easier said than done hahaha! But thank you!

So typically mcgill releases on the date they say they will. Last year there was a snow storm which delayed them so they changed the date to reflect this on the website. No date change yet so it is safe to assume that results will still go out tomorrow. However, the date can still change the day-of. Last year rejections came out first, followed by wait list, followed by admitted. (Source: last years applications)