Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Are Dalhousie interview invites out ?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DentKoolKid said:

I have a 4.0 as well and it says in my email "If you decide to re-apply, you should be aware that the most significant factors in competition for places are a student’s academic standing in recent university studies and in the higher level prerequisite courses (physiology, biochemistry and microbiology) for entrance to dentistry. " I guess the competition for OOP is just very high... 

4.0/4.0 or 4.0/4.3?

It sucks that they only look at GPA pre-interview :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone want to start a "decisions/results" thread/post?

so maybe they do both? Send an email and a physical copy. Anyone have any idea on when the decisions will be out ? Did anyone try to contact Jo-Anne or the admissions office?

None  Two weeks away from interviews too

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, pinkelephant said:

I assume that they still have cut-offs for DAT scores before they consider GPAs for interviews. But I have no idea how they are weighing the MDT. 

 

33 minutes ago, DentKoolKid said:

I did have really low DMT though, so it seems to me they looked at DAT score as well

When I asked Jo-Anne a few months ago if they looked at the DAT for interview invites she said no, they only look at higher sciences GPA and last 60 cr GPA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maggie19 said:

 

When I asked Jo-Anne a few months ago if they looked at the DAT for interview invites she said no, they only look at higher sciences GPA and last 60 cr GPA. 

Yes in terms of competitive ranking, but if someone gets a 5 for example on the DAT, why would they rank their GPA for an interview? DAT scores came out today and Dal released interview invites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pinkelephant said:

Yes in terms of competitive ranking, but if someone gets a 5 for example on the DAT, why would they rank their GPA for an interview? DAT scores came out today and Dal released interview invites. 

Ohhh yeah I understand what you mean, it would not make sense to invite someone who has 0 chance post-interview.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any idea as to how much MDT will matter to Dal this year? They supposedly didn't use DAT marks to decide interview invites, so I assume it will come into play for final decisions? Since it's the first year they are considering MDT, do you think it will matter a lot or just be basically a check mark whether you did it or not, like McGill does I believe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, je13071217 said:

Does anyone have any idea as to how much MDT will matter to Dal this year? They supposedly didn't use DAT marks to decide interview invites, so I assume it will come into play for final decisions? Since it's the first year they are considering MDT, do you think it will matter a lot or just be basically a check mark whether you did it or not, like McGill does I believe?

I don't know exactly how they will look at it but Jo-Anne told me they will assess it "competitively". This makes me think that they will not use it as a simple cut-off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dent3490 said:

Has anyone who did receive an interview invite hear back once they confirmed? 

Yes, Jo-Anne confirmed that she had seen my email the next day around 6pm. She didn't say anything else though. I have not received anything concerning the date or any further details, just a confirmation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maggie19 said:

Yes, Jo-Anne confirmed that she had seen my email the next day around 6pm. She didn't say anything else though. I have not received anything concerning the date or any further details, just a confirmation.

Hmm okay, thanks for the information! I didn't receive a confirmation. I emailed her back on Thursday evening so I'm wondering if it went through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dent3490 said:

Hmm okay, thanks for the information! I didn't receive a confirmation. I emailed her back on Thursday evening so I'm wondering if it went through.

She probably has a bunch of emails to get back to. However, someone I know emailed her this weekend (Saturday I think) and Jo-Anne answered last night. Your email may have gotten lost in a bunch of other emails. You could ask for a confirmation in a few days if she hasn't answered you by that time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

She probably has a bunch of emails to get back to. However, someone I know emailed her this weekend (Saturday I think) and Jo-Anne answered last night. Your email may have gotten lost in a bunch of other emails. You could ask for a confirmation in a few days if she hasn't answered you by that time?

Yes, I will wait another day or so and then reach out again to make sure that it was seen. Do you mind me asking if you were using a Dal email? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...