Premed 101 Forums

uwo interviews online? Cancelled?

3 hours ago, inininini said:

I wonder if they'll make students write the phys exam on campus:confused:

Very very small chance they would do that. They're probably figuring it out, but I highly doubt you'd be forced to come to campus in the middle of a pandemic. Maybe they'll make it online, like how a lot of uni's do online exams with a secure program to ensure ppl aren't cheating. 

58 minutes ago, oscar123 said:

Very very small chance they would do that. They're probably figuring it out, but I highly doubt you'd be forced to come to campus in the middle of a pandemic. Maybe they'll make it online, like how a lot of uni's do online exams with a secure program to ensure ppl aren't cheating. 

It's pretty hard to come up with a fool-proof system to prevent people from cheating. I'm hoping that they find a solution aside from moving online because it really isn't fair for applicants from other years who had to write it in-person. I'm also wondering if the online interviews would count for less this year, thus making admissions less holistic. That would be quite an abnormality in the history admitted classes. I guess we'll just have to wait till this year's statistics come out...

34 minutes ago, patrickstar said:

It's pretty hard to come up with a fool-proof system to prevent people from cheating. I'm hoping that they find a solution aside from moving online because it really isn't fair for applicants from other years who had to write it in-person. I'm also wondering if the online interviews would count for less this year, thus making admissions less holistic. That would be quite an abnormality in the history admitted classes. I guess we'll just have to wait till this year's statistics come out...

I had them throughout my undergrad. It's screen, webcam and sound monitored & it's pretty much a program that locks you out of everything. Cheating is obviously still possible no matter what, but they make you do a 360 view of the room you're writing in and monitor you the entire time. I feel like Western (and every other uni) is just trying to make the best of this situation, but it's not always fair for everyone because that would be impossible. But yeah, I'm definitely nervous about the interview being online. This is my first time applying, and obviously everything is out of my control & this is the best possible solution to prevent the COVID-19 spread, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stressed. Hopefully everything works out :( 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CoolJellyBean said:

when do you guys think the exam will be? They mentioned that it will be online and written on a later date, however that they haven't finalized the date or process yet. Is there a possibility it will be postponed or will they tell us next week it will be during the interview weekend?

they said at a later date. Why would it be during the same interview weekend? Come on