Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, dental0550 said:

Let's use this topic to keep tracking UWO waitlist movement.

I am mid waitlisted and my hopes are pretty low, but you never know... GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

hey!
How do you know you were middle waitlisted? Did they specifically tell you that, or are you inferring based on something else?

 

Any feedback would be much appreicated. #WaitlistFAM

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, inininini said:

hey!
How do you know you were middle waitlisted? Did they specifically tell you that, or are you inferring based on something else?

 

Any feedback would be much appreicated. #WaitlistFAM

Based on their email
Have you emailed admissions asking for waitlist ranking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, inininini said:

Yeah I emailed them, no response though :(

Can you copy and paste their response just so I know what it looks like?

I believe hwl says something like ‘students in your position previously received an offer of admission’ in the email, lwl with ‘students in your position previously did not receive an offer of admission’ and mid tier with neither.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Loulouloux3 said:

I believe hwl says something like ‘students in your position previously received an offer of admission’ in the email, lwl with ‘students in your position previously did not receive an offer of admission’ and mid tier with neither.

In the email or the letter?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Loulouloux3 said:

Last years moved quite a bit till mid tier but the year before us didn’t get off the high tier wait list (just means it’s different every year). Good luck to everyone! As someone who was the wait list last year I know it can be hard but try to not let it consume your thoughts

Do you have any idea of how many people are placed on waitlist? More specifically how many are on HWL?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im HWL and my email said: 

:We do not give out any information about how many people are on the Wait List nor where individuals are ranked.  Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List.  In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

hope this helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, k9teeth said:

Im HWL and my email said: 

:We do not give out any information about how many people are on the Wait List nor where individuals are ranked.  Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List.  In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

hope this helps!

Hey when did you email admissions? I emailed them and I got no response. I hope I don't have to wait all weekend now 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this email:

Thank you for your interest in our program and the effort you have put forth with your application to the Doctor of Dental Surgery program at Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University.

 

We do not give out information regarding applicants ranking on the Wait List nor how many people are on the Wait List.  Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List.  Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List.

 

Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer. We are simply communicating this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making your decision about dental school.

 

Does this mean I'm MWL?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, inininini said:

Just got this email:

Thank you for your interest in our program and the effort you have put forth with your application to the Doctor of Dental Surgery program at Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University.

 

We do not give out information regarding applicants ranking on the Wait List nor how many people are on the Wait List.  Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List.  Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List.

 

Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer. We are simply communicating this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making your decision about dental school.

 

Does this mean I'm MWL?

Yes this means MWL based on previous years forums. I sent my email at 1am last night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dundermifflen said:

So far there's 40 people in the Class of 2024 Facebook group, which means there's 16 people (at most) who haven't accepted their offers yet

Thank you for the info.
 

At this point there isn’t much we can do but wait, unfortunately. There are people who accepted their offer but might drop because of med school, or because didn’t pass the physiology exam, or get accepted somewhere else. It’s a really bad position to be (waitlist) but it is what it is.

good luck to everyone and I am sure there’s something special waiting for us all! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dundermifflen said:

So far there's 40 people in the Class of 2024 Facebook group, which means there's 16 people (at most) who haven't accepted their offers yet

Lol now if only we knew how long the wait list is hahaha. Thank you for the info!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...