Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill MDCM Fall 2020 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

Md2bepls

5 minutes ago, carmsing2020 said:

Does anyone know how to differentiate between Accepted with condition for MTL versus Outaouais on minerva (for those who selected both campuses for site selection)?

Congrats to all who were admitted and waitlisted!

Now that you bring it up, I realize that I don't even know where I am admitted. I can't see it anywhere... I supposed it is Montreal since I indicated that it was my preference?

9 minutes ago, Lily95 said:

Hey everyone! Have a question :-) 

One of my friend was waitlisted in the category Rural and Small Populations Pathway (RSPP)! As she expected a rejection, she is ecstatic, but she doesn't want to get her hopes up for nothing. Does anyone here already applied as RSPP? Can anyone give feedback : does the wait list in this category usually moves or no? 

I am French, excuse my rusty English haha!

Ps : Good job on everyone one accepted, good luck on those on the waitlist, and for those who received a rejection... prove them wrong next year!

Hello! Does your friend know their waitlist rank? I'm on RRSP too. I thought we were placed on both lists (IP and RRSP).

2 minutes ago, lucyNT said:

Hello! Does your friend know their waitlist rank? I'm on RRSP too. I thought we were placed on both lists (IP and RRSP).

It says : not yet received/processed!

For the 2 lists, she thought the same, but her prereq GPA led her to believe she would not have a chance in the normal contingent.

TIME STAMP: 1:37

Result: waitlisted #74 MTL, #30 outaouais

Pre-req GPA: 3.8

MCAT: none

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought I did fairly well

Year: Wrapping up my Master degree

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: very disapointed, I am not sure what I did wrong :( Tough pill to swallow

45 minutes ago, Drosophilamedandgamer said:

Update, I've checked Minerva and it looks like the waitlist for me...

Rank #88 for MTL

Rank #40 for Outaouais

Still no email though which is strange.

Does anyone know if I even remotely have a chance? Or should I just throw in the towel now?

Damn i didn't think the waitlist would go so high!! You never know!!!

1 hour ago, Drosophilamedandgamer said:

Update, I've checked Minerva and it looks like the waitlist for me...

Rank #88 for MTL

Rank #40 for Outaouais

Still no email though which is strange.

Does anyone know if I even remotely have a chance? Or should I just throw in the towel now?

What is your pre-req gpa if you don't mind sharing ? I hope you'll get in :)

I guess I should give a proper summary

Result: waitlisted #88 MTL and #40 Out

Pre-req GPA: 3.96

Year: fourth year undergraduate

Feeling out of interview: pretty positive but not perfect, felt like 7/10

IP, RSPP

Comments: pretty damn disappointed. Still going to keep hope though since you never know. Best of luck to everyone.

1 hour ago, Drosophilamedandgamer said:

I guess I should give a proper summary

Result: waitlisted #88 MTL and #40 Out

Pre-req GPA: 3.96

Year: fourth year undergraduate

Feeling out of interview: pretty positive but not perfect, felt like 7/10

IP, RSPP

Comments: pretty damn disappointed. Still going to keep hope though since you never know. Best of luck to everyone.

Does your Waitlist mention “RSPP Waitlist”?

im confused as to what my status means. It only says rspp Waitlist, but no rank number. I wonder if this means I’m only on the rspp Waitlist but not the regular one...

23 minutes ago, lucyNT said:

Does your Waitlist mention “RSPP Waitlist”?

im confused as to what my status means. It only says rspp Waitlist, but no rank number. I wonder if this means I’m only on the rspp Waitlist but not the regular one...

No it doesn't! Im going to ask about it since I should technically qualify for RSPP waitlist as well... There's no rank since it's such a small list, which is great for you :) check the link next to the wait list statement in minerva

Result: Waitlist #93 MTL #45 Out

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 519

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought I did decently well. None of the stations I thought I really failed or anything.

Year: finishing UG

Comments: Confused honestly. I really thought I had a good chance and I basically got refused standing reaaaaally far in the waitlist. Very disappointed 

TIME STAMP: 10:55

Result: Admitted with condition

MCAT: Not submitted

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): First interview after facing many reject over the years. I felt good about 7-8 stations but was convinced I screwed up royally on 2-3 of them. But with time, I started doubting everything I did until today

Year:  2nd undergrad finished in 2018

Comments: To anyone reading this, it was my 6th time applying. After my first bachelor (with a disastrous GPA), I was even told by an advisor I could never get into med school. But I kept reading success stories on the forum about people who did a second bachelor and who got in. Thus I went down that road, which was not easy by any means, but it was all worth it. Do not get discouraged by getting a reject, keep improving yourself, do stuff that matters to you and which will show the adcoms how everyday you strive to become a better version of yourself and how big is your resolve to get into med school. Do not let a reject define who you are at the moment. You'll get in, I believe in that. It's just a matter of time.

Congratulations to everyone who got in and for those on the waitlist, it's not easy to be patient but it will pay off.

27 minutes ago, Joules95 said:

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought I did decently well. None of the stations I thought I really failed or anything.

Comments: Confused honestly. I really thought I had a good chance and I basically got refused standing reaaaaally far in the waitlist. Very disappointed 

I feel you Joules. Hang in there, you're not alone 

1 hour ago, Joules95 said:

I'm in the exact same situation as you (similar waitlist position and extremely disappointed). It doesnt make sense to me that the waitlist goes that far this year, I'm very confused with how it is being organized. They are waitlisting more people (over 90 people) than they usually accept into the program (about 90 for QC). Hoping we will all get some clarity in the email tonight and wishing everyone the best of luck!

I thought I was refused at first.

TIME STAMP: I am not sure but I checked in the early evening

Result: Waitlisted : MTL #54 , OUTA #20
Pre-req GPA: 3.77

MCAT: No

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt horrible compared to last year. Kept wondering if the decisions I had made were right. 

Year: finishing M.Sc

Comments: these waitlist numbers are confusing me... I don't know if they are good news or bad news. Congratulations to all those who got the sweet news of acceptance! All of you worked so hard !

For those who got refused or waitlisted, don't forget that you are a great candidate and you are considered la crème de la crème. Always remember why medicine is your passion. 

36 minutes ago, MEDusa said:

I thought I was refused at first.

TIME STAMP: I am not sure but I checked in the early evening

Result: Waitlisted : MTL #54 , OUTA #20
Pre-req GPA: 3.77

MCAT: No

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt horrible compared to last year. Kept wondering if the decisions I had made were right. 

Year: finishing M.Sc

Comments: these waitlist numbers are confusing me... I don't know if they are good news or bad news. Congratulations to all those who got the sweet news of acceptance! All of you worked so hard !

For those who got refused or waitlisted, don't forget that you are a great candidate and you are considered la crème de la crème. Always remember why medicine is your passion. 

I just wanted to take the time to commend you on your resilience. I have read countless of posts over the years on this forum and I keep seeing your name here and there. Fingers crossed you get in and get to live your dream.