Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill MDCM Fall 2020 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TIME STAMP: 10:55 Result: Admitted with condition Pre-req GPA: 4.0 MCAT: Not submitted Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): First interview after facing many reject over

TIME STAMP: 9h34 Result: Accepted with conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pre-req GPA: 3.93/4.00 MCAT: Never wrote it Feeling About MMI : I had a very good feeling about it!! Year: Fi

NEVER MIND GUYS, THE RANK WAS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ON MINERVA. I AM #5 ON THE WAITING LIST. IS IT FAIR TO SAY THAT THIS IS A NEAR-CERTAIN ACCEPTANCE? I'M FREAKING OUT. WOOOOOOOOO

5 minutes ago, carmsing2020 said:

Does anyone know how to differentiate between Accepted with condition for MTL versus Outaouais on minerva (for those who selected both campuses for site selection)?

 

Congrats to all who were admitted and waitlisted!

Now that you bring it up, I realize that I don't even know where I am admitted. I can't see it anywhere... I supposed it is Montreal since I indicated that it was my preference?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lily95 said:

Hey everyone! Have a question :-) 

One of my friend was waitlisted in the category Rural and Small Populations Pathway (RSPP)! As she expected a rejection, she is ecstatic, but she doesn't want to get her hopes up for nothing. Does anyone here already applied as RSPP? Can anyone give feedback : does the wait list in this category usually moves or no? 

I am French, excuse my rusty English haha!

Ps : Good job on everyone one accepted, good luck on those on the waitlist, and for those who received a rejection... prove them wrong next year!

Hello! Does your friend know their waitlist rank? I'm on RRSP too. I thought we were placed on both lists (IP and RRSP).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lucyNT said:

Hello! Does your friend know their waitlist rank? I'm on RRSP too. I thought we were placed on both lists (IP and RRSP).

It says : not yet received/processed!

For the 2 lists, she thought the same, but her prereq GPA led her to believe she would not have a chance in the normal contingent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lily95 said:

It says : not yet received/processed!

For the 2 lists, she thought the same, but her prereq GPA led her to believe she would not have a chance in the normal contingent.

Ok. It says the same thing for my rank : not yet received/processed

Well, good luck to your friend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Drosophilamedandgamer said:

Update, I've checked Minerva and it looks like the waitlist for me...

 

Rank #88 for MTL

Rank #40 for Outaouais

Still no email though which is strange.

Does anyone know if I even remotely have a chance? Or should I just throw in the towel now?

Damn i didn't think the waitlist would go so high!! You never know!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drosophilamedandgamer said:

Update, I've checked Minerva and it looks like the waitlist for me...

 

Rank #88 for MTL

Rank #40 for Outaouais

Still no email though which is strange.

Does anyone know if I even remotely have a chance? Or should I just throw in the towel now?

What is your pre-req gpa if you don't mind sharing ? I hope you'll get in :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drosophilamedandgamer said:

I guess I should give a proper summary

Result: waitlisted #88 MTL and #40 Out

Pre-req GPA: 3.96

MCAT: none

Year: fourth year undergraduate

Feeling out of interview: pretty positive but not perfect, felt like 7/10

IP, RSPP

Comments: pretty damn disappointed. Still going to keep hope though since you never know. Best of luck to everyone.

Does your Waitlist mention “RSPP Waitlist”?

im confused as to what my status means. It only says rspp Waitlist, but no rank number. I wonder if this means I’m only on the rspp Waitlist but not the regular one...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lucyNT said:

Does your Waitlist mention “RSPP Waitlist”?

im confused as to what my status means. It only says rspp Waitlist, but no rank number. I wonder if this means I’m only on the rspp Waitlist but not the regular one...

No it doesn't! Im going to ask about it since I should technically qualify for RSPP waitlist as well... There's no rank since it's such a small list, which is great for you :) check the link next to the wait list statement in minerva

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Result: Waitlist #93 MTL #45 Out

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 519

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought I did decently well. None of the stations I thought I really failed or anything.

Year: finishing UG

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: Confused honestly. I really thought I had a good chance and I basically got refused standing reaaaaally far in the waitlist. Very disappointed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TIME STAMP: 10:55

Result: Admitted with condition

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

MCAT: Not submitted

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): First interview after facing many reject over the years. I felt good about 7-8 stations but was convinced I screwed up royally on 2-3 of them. But with time, I started doubting everything I did until today

Year:  2nd undergrad finished in 2018

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: To anyone reading this, it was my 6th time applying. After my first bachelor (with a disastrous GPA), I was even told by an advisor I could never get into med school. But I kept reading success stories on the forum about people who did a second bachelor and who got in. Thus I went down that road, which was not easy by any means, but it was all worth it. Do not get discouraged by getting a reject, keep improving yourself, do stuff that matters to you and which will show the adcoms how everyday you strive to become a better version of yourself and how big is your resolve to get into med school. Do not let a reject define who you are at the moment. You'll get in, I believe in that. It's just a matter of time.

Congratulations to everyone who got in and for those on the waitlist, it's not easy to be patient but it will pay off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Joules95 said:

 

Result: Waitlist #93 MTL #45 Out

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 519

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought I did decently well. None of the stations I thought I really failed or anything.

Year: finishing UG

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: Confused honestly. I really thought I had a good chance and I basically got refused standing reaaaaally far in the waitlist. Very disappointed 

I feel you Joules. Hang in there, you're not alone 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joules95 said:

 

Result: Waitlist #93 MTL #45 Out

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 519

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I thought I did decently well. None of the stations I thought I really failed or anything.

Year: finishing UG

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: Confused honestly. I really thought I had a good chance and I basically got refused standing reaaaaally far in the waitlist. Very disappointed 

I'm in the exact same situation as you (similar waitlist position and extremely disappointed). It doesnt make sense to me that the waitlist goes that far this year, I'm very confused with how it is being organized. They are waitlisting more people (over 90 people) than they usually accept into the program (about 90 for QC). Hoping we will all get some clarity in the email tonight and wishing everyone the best of luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I was refused at first.

TIME STAMP: I am not sure but I checked in the early evening

Result: Waitlisted : MTL #54 , OUTA #20
Pre-req GPA: 3.77

MCAT: No

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt horrible compared to last year. Kept wondering if the decisions I had made were right. 

Year: finishing M.Sc

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: these waitlist numbers are confusing me... I don't know if they are good news or bad news. Congratulations to all those who got the sweet news of acceptance! All of you worked so hard !

For those who got refused or waitlisted, don't forget that you are a great candidate and you are considered la crème de la crème. Always remember why medicine is your passion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MEDusa said:

I thought I was refused at first.

TIME STAMP: I am not sure but I checked in the early evening

Result: Waitlisted : MTL #54 , OUTA #20
Pre-req GPA: 3.77

MCAT: No

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt horrible compared to last year. Kept wondering if the decisions I had made were right. 

Year: finishing M.Sc

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: these waitlist numbers are confusing me... I don't know if they are good news or bad news. Congratulations to all those who got the sweet news of acceptance! All of you worked so hard !

For those who got refused or waitlisted, don't forget that you are a great candidate and you are considered la crème de la crème. Always remember why medicine is your passion. 

I just wanted to take the time to commend you on your resilience. I have read countless of posts over the years on this forum and I keep seeing your name here and there. Fingers crossed you get in and get to live your dream. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...