Premed 101 Forums

UWO online interviews - pre-record?

Hi all,

I don't understand what uwo is doing for virtual interviews. Apparently all interviewees begin their interview at 1pm on Saturday, April 4th?   How can they have enough people to have a 3 person panel, with one interview spot for 170 people?  Do you think this is an indication they'll adopt what UofT Med did? With online recorded responses?

What do y'all think?? 

I was confused too....the only thing I can think of is maybe it's not a panel anymore, and it's just one-on-one (but that also doesn't make sense). But I really have no idea. The UWO med school interviews are this weekend, and I feel like they'll be doing it similarly to how they're going to do dental ones....so I'm gonna see what happens with that. Kinda scares me tho 

5 minutes ago, oscar123 said:

I was confused too....the only thing I can think of is maybe it's not a panel anymore, and it's just one-on-one (but that also doesn't make sense). But I really have no idea. The UWO med school interviews are this weekend, and I feel like they'll be doing it similarly to how they're going to do dental ones....so I'm gonna see what happens with that. Kinda scares me tho

3 hours ago, inininini said:

Hi all,

I don't understand what uwo is doing for virtual interviews. Apparently all interviewees begin their interview at 1pm on Saturday, April 4th?   How can they have enough people to have a 3 person panel, with one interview spot for 170 people?  Do you think this is an indication they'll adopt what UofT Med did? With online recorded responses?

What do y'all think?? 

My guess is that it will be pre recorded 

6 minutes ago, oscar123 said:

Are you interviewing this weekend for mês school???

4 minutes ago, anonymouspanda said:

I'm interviewing this weekend for UWO med. They didn't tell mention anything about interviews being pre-recorded to us. I emailed them asking if there would still be a 3 person panel and they said yes. I'm assuming they'll most likely be doing the same process for dentistry and med but not sure ofcourse!

Thanks for the response (and best of luck with your interview) - it's just puzzling to have everybody at the same time slot. I could see it going to a one-on-one interview, or possibly pre-recorded. There's no way they can have 150 x 3 (3-person panel for each person at the same time slot..) ahhhhhhh

37 minutes ago, inininini said:

Thanks for the response (and best of luck with your interview) - it's just puzzling to have everybody at the same time slot. I could see it going to a one-on-one interview, or possibly pre-recorded. There's no way they can have 150 x 3 (3-person panel for each person at the same time slot..) ahhhhhhh

Also how would they even organize that when everyone is supposed to be social distancing...like how would they have 3 people doing the interview? Unless it's like a conference video call and we're all completely separate but this is still confusing

Edit: just looked at Western's med forum....so they still have the same scheduled appointments which makes sense as to why it's still a panel. 

when do you guys think the physiology challenge exam will be? They mentioned that it will be online and written on a later date, however that they haven't finalized the date or process yet. Is there a possibility it will be postponed or will they tell us next week it will be during the interview weekend (however thats very little notice)?

On 3/26/2020 at 9:35 PM, oscar123 said:

Also how would they even organize that when everyone is supposed to be social distancing...like how would they have 3 people doing the interview? Unless it's like a conference video call and we're all completely separate but this is still confusing

Edit: just looked at Western's med forum....so they still have the same scheduled appointments which makes sense as to why it's still a panel. 

Can you please send me the Western's med forum? I can't find lol
Thank you.

2 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe the latest 2pm, if still nothing, i'll reach out.

Someone mentioned that they emailed admissions and the said that we WILL receive a link at some point today.