Premed 101 Forums

Queen's POST_MMI, Panel Interview Invites

44 minutes ago, 88risingsun said:

Queen's website states "Successful applicants are reviewed and ranked by the Admissions Committee and offers are made based on a ranked list. The rank order list is comprised of applicant scores from the Sketch, Letters of Reference and Interview Scores."

Before this they state interview is made up of MMI + panel. Why not explicitly state MMI scores here if the panel is screening? Speculation and interpretation mean nothing as there's no way to prove either side at the end of the day lol.

I wouldn't exactly equate their general, public website, which may not have been updated, to emails directly sent to current applicants.

Funny how everyone here takes the time to type out a response arguing their point, but unfailingly top it off with "this is all meaningless, nothing is knowable, stay in the dark lol."

Yeah I know we're speculating but there's NO WAY 15+ people on this forum are talking about getting panel invites yet they should only be giving up to 60 interviews if we are all ranked for first offers... I am sure we are all ranked high but idk if it's top 60/250 interviewed or they ranked everyone already (also very very possible) and we are in the top 100/500 already... WHOOOOO knows

2 hours ago, DispIay Name said:

I wouldn't exactly equate their general, public website, which may not have been updated, to emails directly sent to current applicants.

Funny how everyone here takes the time to type out a response arguing their point, but unfailingly top it off with "this is all meaningless, nothing is knowable, stay in the dark lol."

Lol. I'm sure what they're advertising to the general public is accurate and at the very least a clear representation of this year's cycle. Your quote says that the Admissions Committee "reviews individual Panel Interview performance." I feel like that means there's more to the panel than screening for red flags. Screening for what else then? Probably people who are know-it-alls, don't seem to appreciate other people's opinions, etc.

By screening out individuals (probably more than a few), does that not affect ranking? It does. If they screen out applicants #23, #29, #42, #58, and #65 from their rank order list, then the ranking is impacted. I thought this was pretty obvious, am I missing something?

19 minutes ago, MedicineLCS said:

. All the time spent practicing OMSAS questions feels a little wasted... 

Yep, this is quite the curve ball. The issue is that if the in person groups really did have an open file interview now the two interview groups are being evaluated differently.   It could be a disadvantage or an advantage depending on how strong you perceive your ECs to be.  

4 minutes ago, HighAltitudeMedicine said:

Yep, this is quite the curve ball. The issue is that if the in person groups really did have an open file interview now the two interview groups are being evaluated differently.   It could be a disadvantage or an advantage depending on how strong you perceive your ECs to be.  

I'm telling y'all if this was part of the ranking and had a heavy weight, they would make it as similar as they could to the in-person panel to be fair."Examiners will engage the applicant in conversation" As mentioned in the email they're testing communication and personal skills, which doesn't sound like it's 'graded'. Maybe even a exceptional/pass/fail where an exceptional individual could perhaps go up the ranks? 

On 4/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, RaptorsFan123 said:

I'm telling y'all if this was part of the ranking and had a heavy weight, they would make it as similar as they could to the in-person panel to be fair."Examiners will engage the applicant in conversation" As mentioned in the email they're testing communication and personal skills, which doesn't sound like it's 'graded'. Maybe even a exceptional/pass/fail where an exceptional individual could perhaps go up the ranks? 

-