Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

MCGILL MED-P 2020 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected Thread


Recommended Posts

April 3rd has finally come!

It would be great if we could have our own thread for MED-P 2020. Feel free to share your thoughts/feelings/anxieties along and answer only the questions you’re comfortable with!

Edit: ACCEPTED/WAITLISTED/ REJECTED

INVITE/REGRET:

CEGEP:

TIME STAMP: 

CRC:

FEELINGS ABOUT CASPER:

OVERVIEW OF CV:

best of luck to all of you !

***

For the terminology on Minerva: https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/after-youve-applied/tracking-status-your-application

further review required: interview invite

reviewed decision pending: waitlist for interview

refused

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

April 3rd has finally come! It would be great if we could have our own thread for MED-P 2020. Feel free to share your thoughts/feelings/anxieties along and answer only the questions you’re comfor

Oui, pour les autres années, rendu après la présélection le classement pour les offres/LA/refus est basé 100% sur les scores de MMI!

Seems the waiting list has moved up quite a lot this year as compared to prior ones. Don't lose hope guys and good luck! https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/after-youve-applied/waitlist-post-inte

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Impossible_Moon said:

Guys i got further review required. What does it mean excactly?

According to this webpage (https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/after-youve-applied/tracking-status-your-application) which is updated for COVID, the decision code 'Further Review Required' is equivalent to an invitation to the interviews (in this case the CASPer test). See under 'Minerva status updates and decision codes: what they mean'.

OP, I think you should edit this into your post just so that everyone's comfortable with all the decision codes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, moodog123 said:

wait also do u guys know when will we choose between the Outaouais and downtown campus? dont u normally do this at the interviews 

I am not sure, but I think they should be contacting us somewhere between now and when the offers are supposed to go out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ig I'll start then

INVITE/REGRET: further review required ( so i think I got shortlisted? )

CEGEP: Marianopolis

TIME STAMP: I checked at 11:15 after I woke up

CRC: 37.3

FEELINGS ABOUT CASPER: Mediocre at best? I'm not sure to be honest, I tried to answer as honestly as I could, but time was ticking so a lot of my answers were incomplete

OVERVIEW OF CV: volunteering experience, president of a club, tutor

Wasn't expecting much to be honest and I'm kind of surprised I got an interview. A lot of my friends who got the mention "further review required" have CRC of 38 and up to 39, so I didn't think I stood a chance (yeah, those people exists and there are quite a few).

To anyone out there, I would encourage them to apply. You never know what will happen and hey, you might even surprise yourself too!

Best of luck to all of you !

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, moodog123 said:

wait also do u guys know when will we choose between the Outaouais and downtown campus? dont u normally do this at the interviews 

University applicant here:
For us, after the interviews, we had to fill out a form and upload it to Minerva. It will probably be similar for you guys as well~ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

INVITE/REGRET: further review required (I guess that's an invite?)

CEGEP: Champlain Regional College-Lennoxville

TIME STAMP: I checked at 9:00 am today

CRC: 36.6

FEELINGS ABOUT CASPER: I am not really sure as to how well I did. I was able to get most of my answers in before the time went up, but still getting in your answers doesn't necessarily mean they were good haha.

OVERVIEW OF CV: some volunteering, I worked as a préposé aux bénéficiaires and got some certificates for PDSB training and CPR. my awards/distinctions sections though was empty. overall, I don't really have any feeling about how good or bad my CV was.

I felt confident about getting shortlisted back in January and February but when I saw that people do actually get a CRC of 38 and 39 my confidence really went down haha. I don't think I know of anyone in my cegep who's made it to the 37's

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, egyptian king said:

INVITE/REGRET: further review required (I guess that's an invite?)

CEGEP: Champlain Regional College-Lennoxville

TIME STAMP: I checked at 9:00 am today

CRC: 36.6

FEELINGS ABOUT CASPER: I am not really sure as to how well I did. I was able to get most of my answers in before the time went up, but still getting in your answers doesn't necessarily mean they were good haha.

OVERVIEW OF CV: some volunteering, I worked as a préposé aux bénéficiaires and got some certificates for PDSB training and CPR. my awards/distinctions sections though was empty. overall, I don't really have any feeling about how good or bad my CV was.

I felt confident about getting shortlisted back in January and February but when I saw that people do actually get a CRC of 38 and 39 my confidence really went down haha. I don't think I know of anyone in my cegep who's made it to the 37's

Congrats! 

It's true that people with R score of 38-39 can bring your confidence down, but if you made it this far, that probably means that your casper went super well and that your CV was really good! But yeah, some people here have crazy CRC, it's almost scary. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impossible_Moon said:

Congrats! 

It's true that people with R score of 38-39 can bring your confidence down, but if you made it this far, that probably means that your casper went super well and that your CV was really good! But yeah, some people here have crazy CRC, it's almost scary. 

 

thanks!! I am just happy I learned about this after I'd already applied hahaha, otherwise wouldn't have been that sure in applying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 1:46 PM, Impossible_Moon said:

Ig I'll start then

INVITE/REGRET: further review required ( so i think I got shortlisted? )

CEGEP: Marianopolis

TIME STAMP: I checked at 11:15 after I woke up

CRC: 37.3

FEELINGS ABOUT CASPER: Mediocre at best? I'm not sure to be honest, I tried to answer as honestly as I could, but time was ticking so a lot of my answers were incomplete

OVERVIEW OF CV: volunteering experience, president of a club, tutor

Wasn't expecting much to be honest and I'm kind of surprised I got an interview. Most of my other friends who got the mention "further review required" have CRC of 38.5 and up to mid 39, so I didn't think I stand a chance (yeah, those people exists and there are quite a few).

To anyone out there, I would encourage them to apply. You never know what will happen and hey, you might even surprise yourself too!

Best of luck to all of you !

That's an "invite", so you passed the first round and now everything depends on your CASPer! Normally if you get shortlisted for interviews you'd have gotten "Decision Pending" on Minerva (like I did last year and finally getting refused right after the 2nd interview day because interview spots on the 3rd day were full), but this year I think there's no shortlist available because there's no interview, so more people can pass to the 2nd round as opposed to last year imo :) 

edit: screw me lmao, i didn't know "shortlisted" meant "passed to the 2nd round of selection"

Link to post
Share on other sites

So am I right to assume that no one got an email? I was a bit worried because I expected one but from reading this thread my understanding is that you can only tell with Minerva. Mine did say further review required, so I guess that means I’m on the list?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YUGO said:

So am I right to assume that no one got an email? I was a bit worried because I expected one but from reading this thread my understanding is that you can only tell with Minerva. Mine did say further review required, so I guess that means I’m on the list?

I've just received an email from mcgill saying that my application has been retained for the shortlist. They said I'll have to attend a webinar and then choose the campus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, egyptian king said:

I've just received an email from mcgill saying that my application has been retained for the shortlist. They said I'll have to attend a webinar and then choose the campus.

Yep same for me. They just took a while to send them I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone!! I look forward to seeing this thread grow hehe:D

INVITE/REGRET: Further review required. I got shortlisted omg!!:lol:

CEGEP: Dawson

TIME STAMP: 10 AM on April 3rd when I woke up!

CRC: 37.2

FEELINGS ABOUT CASPER: I honestly don’t know how I did... There were some questions that I didn’t have time to complete. I answered truthfully and I hope that with the time constraint my writing still made sense! Haha

OVERVIEW OF CV: Tutoring during the semester, summer volunteering, some work experience (summer job), awards and distinctions from high school

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jooniesmiles said:

Congrats to everyone!! I look forward to seeing this thread grow hehe:D

INVITE/REGRET: Further review required. I got shortlisted omg!!:lol:

CEGEP: Dawson

TIME STAMP: 10 AM on April 3rd when I woke up!

CRC: 37.2

FEELINGS ABOUT CASPER: I honestly don’t know how I did... There were some questions that I didn’t have time to complete. I answered truthfully and I hope that with the time constraint my writing still made sense! Haha

OVERVIEW OF CV: Tutoring during the semester, summer volunteering, some work experience (summer job), awards and distinctions from high school

congrats!! I honestly don't know how I got shortlisted with my 36.6 haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...