Premed 101 Forums

Virtual MMI took 43 minutes??

So the email said "You are only allowed to be on the site for a total of 40 minutes from the time you enter with the first link to the completion.  Candidates whose time stamps indicate they have been on the site for a longer duration than this will also forfeit the score associated with this part of your application." 

With the video practice etc. this took me 43 minutes, should I be worried???

1 hour ago, Cge3003 said:

Honestly I’m feeling a little disappointed after that. I feel like I didn’t get to show who I am at all, and the timing for questions was so short that I felt like I couldn’t talk about much. Oh well, guess there’s next year. 

I feel similarly. The questions were interesting but the prompts were repetitive and I don't think it allowed for much of a sense of who I am as a person. Feeling disappointed about not being able to do the real MMI right now. Next year it is. 

It also took me about 43 mins and that was with rushing through the last question. I think since we all took longer, it shouldn't be a big deal. 

On 4/4/2020 at 12:39 PM, MinervasMom said:

I feel similarly. The questions were interesting but the prompts were repetitive and I don't think it allowed for much of a sense of who I am as a person. Feeling disappointed about not being able to do the real MMI right now. Next year it is. 

It also took me about 43 mins and that was with rushing through the last question. I think since we all took longer, it shouldn't be a big deal. 

I just wanted to chime in and say you guys are all troopers!

I'm sure many of you will have had some technical difficulties. Rest assured, these things will not factor into your interview score. Although virtual interviews are unprecedented for the admissions committee, I'm confident that they are well aware of these technical difficulties and will score accordingly. 

Great job guys.