Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

55 minutes ago, music123 said:

Hi guys, I have a question. If you accept one offer, does your name get withdrawn from all other schools or can you still be kept on the waiting list? 

Yes I believe so. I think the only situation this doesn't apply to is out of province schools. So for example, Alberta or McGill wouldn't know if you accepted an Ontario school. An Ontario school will know if you accept another Ontario offer and will remove you off their waiting list.

6 hours ago, FinallyAccepted23 said:

I thought that way too, but apparently it's more of a hindrance. People tend to get to know each other early on then just split off into their own groups, that's been the constant I've heard from a lot of people from the different schools. Small class sizes just means that you'll have less people you can get to know. It's only in smaller places like regional campuses at Mac or Queens where I know a few of my friends are complaining about the gossip culture which isn't nearly as bad in larger class sizes.

Just putting that out there since hearing that perspective from different people made me reconsider.

Coming from an undergrad program quite a bit smaller than QMED (my future family <3 ) I will say that there are many positives and downsides to a small class. You get to know everyone really well, which can mean personalities clash, but can also mean you get to know profs really well and develop some deep relationships. I personally think all class sizes have advantages and disadvantages and it depends on the type of learner/socializer you are.

P.S. Congrats to all those who got acceptances today, and also those who didn't. Applying is a huge hurdle and something to be proud of either way :)