Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Just now, aeoaeoaeo said:

Yeah it definitely seems to be linked to mac. Shout out the person who suggested it first lol

But to those mac interviews who dont have it: we still dont know what it means exactly. Try not to think about it too much :(

wondering why it would be linked to mac though... 

2 minutes ago, ejvrei said:

As much as I want this to be true, I don't think we can assume this... could just be going up as they update! Would love to hear if it shows up for mac interviewees who don't have it right now!! (Also could include waitlist as well)

I can keep an eye out today and tmrw but I mean there's not that much time left and I don't think OUAC updates on the weekend...

edit: 

Just now, seewhathappens said:

Know of someone who has the button, but didn't interview anywhere.  Case closed folks.  

Just standard premed neuroticism, nothing to see, move along :P

omg I just saw this are you sure!?!?! I've already started crying can I stop now lmfao

2 minutes ago, aeoaeoaeo said:

Yeah it definitely seems to be linked to mac. Shout out the person who suggested it first lol

But to those mac interviewees who dont have it: we still dont know what it means exactly. Could be an offer, a rejection, or a random thing. Try not to think about it too much :(

if only mac would tell us their selection criteria!!! then i feel like i'd have some more clarity on whether it makes sense for me to not have an offer 

Just now, seewhathappens said:

Know of someone who has the button, but didn't interview anywhere.  Case closed folks.  

Just standard premed neuroticism, nothing to see, move along :P

Nah this just means we need to test our data for statistical significance /s

1 minute ago, inkbat said:

this response to a single button has been crazy, i'm laughing so hard i'm crying, i love you guys

I can just imagine the guy who runs OMSAS was bored today and was like... lets f*ck with the premeds and add a button for no reason...