Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Just considered a HAUNTING possibility.

The reset button appears for those who have received all the offers that they will be getting this cycle. That would mean all schools have uploaded their decisions and everyone with the button has not received any offers and thus got this button pre-May 12th. Those who don't have it on the other hand, will have to wait until May 12th to see how they fare. 

What the f**k???

6 minutes ago, FBCforreal said:

Just considered a HAUNTING possibility.

The reset button appears for those who have received all the offers that they will be getting this cycle. That would mean all schools have uploaded their decisions and everyone with the button has not received any offers and thus got this button pre-May 12th. Those who don't have it on the other hand, will have to wait until May 12th to see how they fare. 

What the f**k???

but it just doesn't make sense to have the button in the first place if you don't have any offers... what offer responses would I reset if i'm given none? 

Just now, theinbetween said:

Best of luck to us. I'm scared that Ottawa would follow Mac with the whole button from hell situation :(

Idek anymore. But Ottawa is the first one to finish all their interviews (barring NOSM) so it's likely their decisions are the first to be out. 

What if the button actually means  rejection? 

like if theyre still waiting on other offers they won't give you a button, but if mac was your only interview and you got rejected, your file is complete so the button shows up?

I don't know how this logic applies to people with the button and multiple interviews unless it's all rejections 

lol just realized this is the same theory as FBCforreal

Just now, lizaloo223 said:

like if theyre still waiting on other offers they won't give you a button, but if mac was your only interview and you got rejected, your file is complete so the button shows up?

I don't know how this logic applies to people with the button and multiple interviews unless it's all rejections 

I think if this was true then everyone without any interviews would have the button, right?

1 minute ago, lizaloo223 said:

I don't see why you would get a button that impacts responses to offers if you have no offers

1 minute ago, lizaloo223 said:

why would it say "offer responses are reset" if you've no offers

Just now, lizaloo223 said:

Earlier on, someone said their MD/PHD friend that got accepted had this button. (N=1 tho). Like I said, I pressed it and it says "all offer responses reset". 

Seems like it only resets offers, when you withdrawal offer on the right hand side, a separate window pops up.

1 minute ago, rinzler said:

Earlier on, someone said their MD/PHD friend that got accepted had this button. (N=1 tho). Like I said, I pressed it and it says "all offer responses reset". 

Seems like it only resets offers, when you withdrawal offer on the right hand side, a separate window pops up.

I really hope you're right :) it makes sense for it to be offers....but who really knows at this point 

1 minute ago, rinzler said:

kudos to you for being brave enough to mess around with these potentially life-changing buttons

the amount of confirmation bias here is insane. And just as a contrapuntal, if you do really want to overleap to conclusions and take the poll to be statistically significant, the ratio [those with a button : without] (2:1) is far closer to the ratio [mac post-interview rejections/waitlists: acceptances]  (3:2) than the inverse.