Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

10 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

Idek anymore. But Ottawa is the first one to finish all their interviews (barring NOSM) so it's likely their decisions are the first to be out. 

I know. I lost hope for Ottawa. 3.85 GPA English, that should tell you enough. You're right though, they most likely submitted their offers way before anyone :(

Idk, we all have the "submit responses" red box anyway. So, people who have either a reject or acceptance can possibly have the "reset" button. Why have the "submit response" button if I got flat out rejected. Eventually we all might have it and just takes time for omsas to load it up. Who knows. Def a neurotic way to start a Thursday though. 

Cheers everyone 

Just now, premed72 said:

Idk, we all have the "submit responses" red box anyway. So, people who have either a reject or acceptance can possibly have the "reset" button. Why have the "submit response" button if I got flat out rejected. Eventually we all might have it and just takes time for omsas to load it up. Who knows. Def a neurotic way to start a Thursday though. 

Cheers everyone 

I kind of think it might also show up eventually... Seems weird for only McMaster to have uploaded their offers? I would think most schools are done by now? 

3 minutes ago, premed72 said:

Cheers everyone 

i think the submit response button is also for people who would wish to withdraw choices in general

I just want a take a moment to say that I love how we've transformed into Sherlock Holmeses on the hunt to find the answer behind the mysterious button.

I also love the idea that someone mentioned previously: Today, May 7th of 2020, shall be dubbed "The Day of the Button". This will be marked in history as the day where PM101 put down our imaginary stethoscopes and picked up imaginary magnifying glasses instead.

I'm on board with the incomplete vs complete file idea. Like the button shows up for you only if all of the schools you've applied to have sent in their decisions, whether they be good or bad. Could answer that with another poll, but we can just wait to see if the button shows up for more ppl soon/tomorrow. #DayoftheButton

Just now, RejectedAgain said:

Does anyone ever think that OMSAS/Med school ppl read these threads and act accordingly. Like right now the head coder at OMSAS is getting yelled at for mistakingly letting the buttons appear. 

I was entertaining the idea for a while that it might be a remnant glitch from last year's apparent OMSAS update which may have led to the early offer release at midnight. If so, then that was a glitch and this may also be a glitch. I'm sure OMSAS and med schools look at these forums lmao

3 minutes ago, TheFlyGuy said:

I'm on board with the incomplete vs complete file idea. Like the button shows up for you only if all of the schools you've applied to have sent in their decisions, whether they be good or bad. Could answer that with another poll, but we can just wait to see if the button shows up for more ppl soon/tomorrow. #DayoftheButton

I'm a little confused by this theory for those of us with only one interview. I was rejected pre-interview from the other 2 schools I applied to. Wouldn't that mean my file is "complete"? And if Mac has already sent in their decisions, why do I have an "incomplete" file and therefore not have the button regardless of result?

Just now, short_stack said:

I'm a little confused by this theory for those of us with only one interview. I was rejected pre-interview from the other 2 schools I applied to. Wouldn't that mean my file is "complete"? And if Mac has already sent in their decisions, why do I have an "incomplete" file and therefore not have the button regardless of result?

If those schools haven't sent to OMSAS, then it wouldn't be complete.

7 minutes ago, TheFlyGuy said:

So with this theory, are we assuming that the button appears even for those who were rejected? Because I disnt have this button last year...