Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

9 minutes ago, theinbetween said:

Count me in.

I can also join but really what would round out this midnight checking team is someone WITH the button checking to see if it disappears at midnight - meaning OMSAS noticed our freak out and fixed it/it was actually a glitch/OMSAS didn't mean to release any info this early.

1 minute ago, RejectedAgain said:

What are peoples thoughts on emailing OMSAS lmao... too neurotic?

There's nothing to stop someone from calling/emailing OMSAS with a phone number/email not associated with their application if it really matters to them. 

Personally, I really doubt the person answering phones/emails is going to add any insight to this.

1 minute ago, MedicineLCS said:

There's nothing to stop someone from calling/emailing OMSAS with a phone number/email not associated with their application if it really matters to them. 

Personally, I really doubt the person answering phones/emails is going to add any insight to this.

if anything I feel like they're gonna backpedal real hard and all the buttons will disappear lmao

Kind people of PM101, I have an announcement to make:

I have a friend in Mac yr 1 who said I'm being crazy and that these glitches have occurred before. APPARENTLY before interviews went out this cycle, some people had a weird blue button and some did not. Last cycle's midnight release also only affected SOME people. Here I was thinking the midnight glitch was a legit feature because I thought everyone saw their offers at midnight, but there were some who found out at midnight and some who still got an offer with emails later in the day who did NOT have it at midnight.

I am not saying The Button is 100% a glitch but I think the systems are not very great and it's likely not worth it to focus on these things. Especially if it is true that there was already some weird blue button error this cycle.

It seems OMSAS doesn't know how to handle its damn buttons LOL

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, short_stack said:

I have a friend in Mac yr 1 who said I'm being crazy and that these glitches have occurred before. APPARENTLY before interviews went out this cycle, some people had a weird blue button and some did not. Last cycle's midnight release also only affected SOME people. Here I was thinking the midnight glitch was a legit feature because I thought everyone saw their offers at midnight, but there were some who found out at midnight and some who still got an offer with emails later in the day who did NOT have it at midnight.

I am not saying The Button is 100% a glitch but I think the systems are not very great and it's likely not worth it to focus on these things. Especially if it is true that there was already some weird blue button error this cycle. It seems OMSAS doesn't know how to handle its damn buttons LOL

What was the blue button glitch?

1 minute ago, short_stack said:

I am not saying The Button is 100% a glitch but I think the systems are not very great and it's likely not worth it to focus on these things. Especially if it is true that there was already some weird blue button error this cycle. It seems OMSAS doesn't know how to handle its damn buttons LOL tenor.gif

This is what I needed to hear. Team No Button lives another day!

2 minutes ago, chrsyjun said:

What was the blue button glitch?

tbh they didn't explain it very well but apparently this cycle, right before interviews came out, some people had a blue button somewhere in their OMSAS and some did not. Apparently ppl thought it was correlated to whether you get interviews. Lo and behold with-buttoners and without-buttoners both got interviews

2 minutes ago, short_stack said:

I am not saying The Button is 100% a glitch but I think the systems are not very great and it's likely not worth it to focus on these things. Especially if it is true that there was already some weird blue button error this cycle. It seems OMSAS doesn't know how to handle its damn buttons LOL tenor.gif

I think the blue button referred to Mosaic. 

This is a situation on OMSAS. From what I understand, last cycle all western applicants found out at midnight. Which was an accurate reflection of the final result anyways.

Just now, rinzler said:

I think the blue button referred to Mosaic. 

This is a situation on OMSAS. From what I understand, last cycle all western applicants found out at midnight. Which was an accurate reflection of the final result anyways.

I thought it was literally ALL applicants, not just UWO ones. Even still, it was obviously an error to release it early. Meaning errors happen and this might be one as well.