Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-

-

Since people found this funny, will update you on what I dreamed last night as it seems to be a continuation of that dream lol.... Dream:  So its med acceptance day, but for a weird reason w

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, theinbetween said:

Count me in.

I can also join but really what would round out this midnight checking team is someone WITH the button checking to see if it disappears at midnight - meaning OMSAS noticed our freak out and fixed it/it was actually a glitch/OMSAS didn't mean to release any info this early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RejectedAgain said:

What are peoples thoughts on emailing OMSAS lmao... too neurotic?

There's nothing to stop someone from calling/emailing OMSAS with a phone number/email not associated with their application if it really matters to them. 

Personally, I really doubt the person answering phones/emails is going to add any insight to this.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MedicineLCS said:

There's nothing to stop someone from calling/emailing OMSAS with a phone number/email not associated with their application if it really matters to them. 

Personally, I really doubt the person answering phones/emails is going to add any insight to this.

 

if anything I feel like they're gonna backpedal real hard and all the buttons will disappear lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind people of PM101, I have an announcement to make:

I have a friend in Mac yr 1 who said I'm being crazy and that these glitches have occurred before. APPARENTLY before interviews went out this cycle, some people had a weird blue button and some did not. Last cycle's midnight release also only affected SOME people. Here I was thinking the midnight glitch was a legit feature because I thought everyone saw their offers at midnight, but there were some who found out at midnight and some who still got an offer with emails later in the day who did NOT have it at midnight.

I am not saying The Button is 100% a glitch but I think the systems are not very great and it's likely not worth it to focus on these things. Especially if it is true that there was already some weird blue button error this cycle.

It seems OMSAS doesn't know how to handle its damn buttons LOL

 tenor.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, short_stack said:

Kind people of PM101, I have an announcement to make:

I have a friend in Mac yr 1 who said I'm being crazy and that these glitches have occurred before. APPARENTLY before interviews went out this cycle, some people had a weird blue button and some did not. Last cycle's midnight release also only affected SOME people. Here I was thinking the midnight glitch was a legit feature because I thought everyone saw their offers at midnight, but there were some who found out at midnight and some who still got an offer with emails later in the day who did NOT have it at midnight.

I am not saying The Button is 100% a glitch but I think the systems are not very great and it's likely not worth it to focus on these things. Especially if it is true that there was already some weird blue button error this cycle. It seems OMSAS doesn't know how to handle its damn buttons LOL

What was the blue button glitch?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, short_stack said:

Kind people of PM101, I have an announcement to make:

I have a friend in Mac yr 1 who said I'm being crazy and that these glitches have occurred before. APPARENTLY before interviews went out this cycle, some people had a weird blue button and some did not. Last cycle's midnight release also only affected SOME people. Here I was thinking the midnight glitch was a legit feature because I thought everyone saw their offers at midnight, but there were some who found out at midnight and some who still got an offer with emails later in the day who did NOT have it at midnight.

I am not saying The Button is 100% a glitch but I think the systems are not very great and it's likely not worth it to focus on these things. Especially if it is true that there was already some weird blue button error this cycle. It seems OMSAS doesn't know how to handle its damn buttons LOL tenor.gif

This is what I needed to hear. Team No Button lives another day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chrsyjun said:

What was the blue button glitch?

tbh they didn't explain it very well but apparently this cycle, right before interviews came out, some people had a blue button somewhere in their OMSAS and some did not. Apparently ppl thought it was correlated to whether you get interviews. Lo and behold with-buttoners and without-buttoners both got interviews

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, short_stack said:

Kind people of PM101, I have an announcement to make:

I have a friend in Mac yr 1 who said I'm being crazy and that these glitches have occurred before. APPARENTLY before interviews went out this cycle, some people had a weird blue button and some did not. Last cycle's midnight release also only affected SOME people. Here I was thinking the midnight glitch was a legit feature because I thought everyone saw their offers at midnight, but there were some who found out at midnight and some who still got an offer with emails later in the day who did NOT have it at midnight.

I am not saying The Button is 100% a glitch but I think the systems are not very great and it's likely not worth it to focus on these things. Especially if it is true that there was already some weird blue button error this cycle. It seems OMSAS doesn't know how to handle its damn buttons LOL tenor.gif

I think the blue button referred to Mosaic. 

This is a situation on OMSAS. From what I understand, last cycle all western applicants found out at midnight. Which was an accurate reflection of the final result anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rinzler said:

I think the blue button referred to Mosaic. 

This is a situation on OMSAS. From what I understand, last cycle all western applicants found out at midnight. Which was an accurate reflection of the final result anyways.

I thought it was literally ALL applicants, not just UWO ones. Even still, it was obviously an error to release it early. Meaning errors happen and this might be one as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...