Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

2 minutes ago, short_stack said:

tbh they didn't explain it very well but apparently this cycle, right before interviews came out, some people had a blue button somewhere in their OMSAS and some did not. Apparently ppl thought it was correlated to whether you get interviews. Lo and behold with-buttoners and without-buttoners both got interviews

yea it's quite likely the green button thing that happened on Mosaic. I don't think OMSAS gets updated when someone is given an interview (but please correct me if I'm wrong). But this is a different situation since this is about offers, and not necessarily invitations to interview

1 minute ago, rinzler said:

I think the blue button referred to Mosaic. 

This is a situation on OMSAS. From what I understand, last cycle all western applicants found out at midnight. Which was an accurate reflection of the final result anyways.

1 minute ago, short_stack said:

I thought it was literally ALL applicants, not just UWO ones. Even still, it was obviously an error to release it early. Meaning errors happen and this might be one as well.

I think the western situation might be something different? Last year all Western applicants who are also current Western students found out at midnight on their Western student center I believe. 

Personally, I'm not going to read into this too much. May 12th is closing fast. 

However, because I'm bored (thanks COVID, I was going to work 60 hours week without you!) I put all the data in this thread in a spreadsheet. There's actually a decent amount of data points:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WG9b0MtybDKOgfzZZEw3fgZtJ3ohAv83qJfsnPkAC5o

I made a gmail account for that so please don't send me any access requests, just copy it yourself. If I made a mistake let me know. This does confirm that this is a Mac related thing (filtering out Mac and selecting other schools leads to a see of "Nos") so, as much as I wouldn't read too much into this, it does seem localized to a specific type of applicant. 

EDIT:

I'll be updating the spreadsheet as long as I feel like it, so feel free to add stats/copy the most current data. 

Just to add to the neuroticism, if you watch these ouac tutorial videos, the ones where the demonstrator does have an offer (last two videos), the reset button is shown.
https://www.ouac.on.ca/101-tutorials/

So maybe the reset button does indicate an offer? But this doesn’t mean that those without the button didn’t get an offer, since this leak could’ve only affected some applicants or perhaps the button will start showing up for people with offers in the next couple of days. 

Just now, EmAeci said:

Just to add to the neuroticism, if you watch these ouac tutorial videos, the ones where the demonstrator does have an offer (last two videos), the reset button is shown.

So maybe the reset button does indicate an offer? But this doesn’t mean that those without the button didn’t get an offer, since this leak could’ve only affected some applicants or perhaps the button will start showing up for people with offers in the next couple of days. 

This is peak neurosis :lol:

1 minute ago, EmAeci said:

I think you're on to something now tbh