Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

55 minutes ago, coffeeandmed said:

We will definitely be able to find something related to backpack colours closer to the launch date. That's a good point about the 2 blue years. I'm just skeptical about the double green because of how similar they are. However, the 2018 vote had a (grosS) olive green colour that appears to have disappeared from 2018 --> 2019. And 2014 had the lime green. And after green in 2014 came purple so I'm still hoping for a light or deep purple (guys I told you I think about this TOO MUCH)

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 7.12.19 PM.png

I love this speculation, something relatively light and out of our control. I honestly quite liked the blood orange colour from the vote last year, but then again I wouldn't care if it was polka-dotted and had flashing lights and bells, if it comes with the acceptance. 

On 4/6/2020 at 6:17 PM, coffeeandmed said:

Oh this is something I've been thinking about since the green were released last summer. The voting last summer had 2 greens, a blood orange, yellow, and grey. So theoretically the 2 greens are out. That leaves us with orange (which is controversial because of the pylon fiasco from 7 backpack colours ago...), grey, and yellow. None sound great to me unless they add in a purple or something. But my vote is grey.

Yes, I think about this alot. I've been dreaming about the backpacks since first year. The actual last dream I had they were turquoise with orange polka dots so I think it's safe to say that's not happening...

Wait why is orange controversial? Is there a story here LOL

On 4/5/2020 at 1:45 PM, ABCD13 said:

Random question: If medical school classes end up being online for the year (due to the pandemic) and if given the option to defer your acceptance to the following year, would you do it? 

I'm not sure if I would or not - maybe I guess? It would be nice to have face-to-face interaction. hmmm... Just trying to kill time lol

Ughhhhh I've been thinking about this. Even though I really don't want to start med school online at ALL, i'm already in a position where I have deferred for a year to finish my Masters. I dont want to defer for a second year because of this but I dont want to miss out on all the opportunities going to school in person provide. 

Don't you guys also think that this might be unfair? Like yes, if you start amidst COVID the whole world will know what your education was impacted by but if you're given a choice to defer to a time the situation is better/opportunities return, I feel like thats almost unfair to the people who start school despite COVID. As someone else said, maybe missing out on a year of income is too much for someones situation and they dont have a choice to wait. I dunno :(

8 hours ago, swoman said:

Do these come out at midnight or in the am? In my year, it was around 8 or so for Ontario schools but I heard it was midnight last year?

I'm also wondering that. Does it come out at midnight or in the morning? And is it visible on OMSAS before you get e-mails, or are they at the same time?

28 minutes ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

how's everyone keeping themselves busy

Mostly exasperated yells of anxious anticipation and wanting to bang my head on a wall (while also chugging away at the last of my schoolwork)

Seeing people from my program getting into Dal today is only making the wait more intense- big congrats to them but man I just wanna know too :unsure: