Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-

-

Since people found this funny, will update you on what I dreamed last night as it seems to be a continuation of that dream lol.... Dream:  So its med acceptance day, but for a weird reason w

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Overstressed said:

Just wanted to add that I did not get any offers last year but I did have the button on my offers page. Not sure if that was a glitch in and of itself but felt it was worth mentioning. 

There was another person on waitlist for 3 schools I think who DID NOT have button too?? this is getting weirder and weirder

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, William Osler said:

The Button Labelled.png

Which button of the 2 pictuerd here?

I had both the buttons (review/submit changes and reset responses). But like I said, it's possible that this was a glitch too. OMSAS certainly seems to have a tendency towards these types of malfunctions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Overstressed said:

I had both the buttons (review/submit changes and reset responses). But like I said, it's possible that this was a glitch too. OMSAS certainly seems to have a tendency towards these types of malfunctions. 

BIG IF TRUE

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rawshrimp said:

But its too odd and unlikely that not one person so far who didn't have a mac interview has a button (unless they are already accepted as md/phd). 

edit: im seeing the spreadsheet now, and it look like other schools also have the button. Unless those are mdphd applicants. Applicants who only had interview at Queens and/or Ottawa also have reported the button.

Is this true? I’ve read every single post of this forum and I don’t remember seeing anyone with JUST a Queen’s interview having the button. And I’ve been on the lookout specifically for that, because Queen’s was my only interview and I don’t have a button. Can anyone confirm that this is accurate? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't ask me how I managed to make  an account and binge through all 45 (?!) pages after years of anonymous lurking. I

Just added my data: button, Mac/UOttawa/UofT, GPA 3.96, catastrophic CARS score (127) so I didn't even think I would land an "interview" (sigh). Trying so hard not to look into this and get hopeful. 

We'll know soon enough. Tuesday is not Dooms Day. You have come so far regardless and you'll make a good future for yourself even if you get big fat rejected on Tuesday. 

Now excuse me while I go for a nice recreational cry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ms1998 said:

Is this true? I’ve read every single post of this forum and I don’t remember seeing anyone with JUST a Queen’s interview having the button. And I’ve been on the lookout specifically for that, because Queen’s was my only interview and I don’t have a button. Can anyone confirm that this is accurate? 

https://ethercalc.org/ang7zhlx47or

take a look. Obviously it could be misreported on the spreadsheet or i viewed it incorrectly. Rows 1 and 22, and then 2 rows with no interviews but buttons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Overstressed said:

I had both the buttons (review/submit changes and reset responses). But like I said, it's possible that this was a glitch too. OMSAS certainly seems to have a tendency towards these types of malfunctions. 

tenor.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, William Osler said:

The only explaination that can keep this going is that the user is a troll as he created the account at 03:32pm yesterday and only participated in this thread but I don't want to levy those accusations 

I've been following this forum for the last two years, just never felt the need to post anything until this whole scandal started. I didn't even get an interview at Mac this year so I have no stake in this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Overstressed said:

I've been following this forum for the last two years, just never felt the need to post anything until this whole scandal started. I didn't even get an interview at Mac this year so I have no stake in this. 

I'm certainly not accusing you of lying, but isn't it possible that you are misremembering seeing that button? It was a year ago, and I am wondering how you could be so certain that a specific button, which at the time would seem meaningless, was there

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rawshrimp said:

https://ethercalc.org/ang7zhlx47or

take a look. Obviously it could be misreported on the spreadsheet or i viewed it incorrectly.

The original shows that everyone who has the button is either:

1. A Mac interviewee

2. Already accepted (MD/PhD)

3. No school provided (safe to assume Mac)

This has been very consistent the whole time. If you have the button, you are either already accepted or a Mac interviewee. On the flip side, I think at least one? person has previously said no interviews=no button. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoftTings said:

I'm certainly not accusing you of lying, but isn't it possible that you are misremembering seeing that button? It was a year ago, and I am wondering how you could be so certain that a specific button, which at the time would seem meaningless, was there

I remember from last year because I checked the offers page quite often while on the Ottawa waitlist. At the time, one of my friends thought that it meant I would receive an offer which obviously ended up not happening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...