Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-

-

Since people found this funny, will update you on what I dreamed last night as it seems to be a continuation of that dream lol.... Dream:  So its med acceptance day, but for a weird reason w

Posted Images

OMSAS is separate from the school: 

image.thumb.png.611d426e0c749c91718ab1a12da5a9bf.png

Based on the highlighed text, I think OMSAS does tag us as Waitlist but does not reflect this. McMaster receives a daily update of applicants on their waitlist who have left for other offers. 

Caveat: this was before OMSAS was updated for the 2018-2019 cycle (the current version we see today), when offers were NOT released at midnight

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YesIcan55 said:

could people be lying on the internet????? /s

And they all lied to say they don't have the button? The trend is overwhelmingly clear.

I'm not saying button definitely means no offer by any means, but the evidence is pretty clear that the top statistical outliers do not have the button

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, William Osler said:

OMSAS is separate from the school: 

image.thumb.png.611d426e0c749c91718ab1a12da5a9bf.png

Based on the highlighed text, I think OMSAS does tag us as Waitlist but does not reflect this. McMaster receives a daily update of applicants on their waitlist who have left for other offers. 

Caveat: this was before OMSAS was updated for the 2018-2019 cycle (the current version we see today)

The waitlist theory is getting legs

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ontariomedschools said:

Wait so are we saying that OMSAS will release the acceptance status again this year because the interface is the same as last year's? 

Some applicants who did not have OMSAS show an offer at midnight did receive an offer which leads me to believe its a glitch that will be patched this year. It makes no sense to automate emails to go out in the morning when OMSAS updates at midnight. I guess OMSAS will update 12AM on May 13th!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Some applicants who did not have OMSAS show an offer at midnight did receive an offer which leads me to believe its a glitch that will be patched this year. It makes no sense to automate emails to go out in the morning when OMSAS updates at midnight. I guess OMSAS will update 12AM on May 13th!

may be the glitch was because last year was the first time the new system was operating? I know some people also had glitches last year with the submission of their initial application. if other professional schools have had OUAC update at midnight this year, I'm thinking there's a good chance that we'll know our status by tomorrow night....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evidence AGAINST button = offer

- Top 100 applicants (near perfect GPA, CARS, and invitation to CASPer schools like uO and OOP Manitoba) do not have button 

- Average-range stats applicants both do and do not have the button. 

- Why would OMSAS reveal offer status to the lottery 103 instead of all 203 (both top 100 and lottery)?

Evidence FOR button = offer

- I have a button (jk) 

 - Successful MD PhD applicants this cycle have the button (UofT and UWO).

- One successful applicant in the previous cycle noted the button in their screenshot.

- On the OUAC tutorial, a similar user interface shows the button when there are active offers. A user with a OUAC 105 application with no offers does not have hte button. 

- Unsuccessful applicants in previous cycles did not note the button. (However, some unsuccessful applicants in previous cycles did note the button?)

- All those with the button have one school in common - Mac; - All those without the button also did not interview at Mac. 

- Clicking the button says "All offer responses reset" on OMSAS. 

- OMSAS live chat screenshot says "there is a "reset" button if applicants want to make changes before submitting acceptance to an offer." 

- "Reset Responses" is the name of the button, you only respond to an offer of acceptance. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, Overstressed said:

Just wanted to add that I did not get any offers last year but I did have the button on my offers page. Not sure if that was a glitch in and of itself but felt it was worth mentioning. 

Idk how credible this is but have waitlists showed button? @ontariopremed do you rmbr?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lizaloo223 said:

For med students our offers are hidden until May 12, but for high school students don't the offers just appear randomly? Would the button be a way to "refresh" the page and your decisions as offers show up? 
 

in that case, the button would be triggered by an offer appearing but for med students it should have stayed hidden until May 12th

 

ill repost this on mcmaster's page oops!

- Clicking the button says "All offer responses reset" on OMSAS. 

- OMSAS live chat screenshot says "there is a "reset" button if applicants want to make changes before submitting acceptance to an offer." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lizaloo223 said:

For med students our offers are hidden until May 12, but for high school students don't the offers just appear randomly? Would the button be a way to "refresh" the page and your decisions as offers show up? 
 

in that case, the button would be triggered by an offer appearing but for med students it should have stayed hidden until May 12th

- Clicking the button says "All offer responses reset" on OMSAS. 

- OMSAS live chat screenshot says "there is a "reset" button if applicants want to make changes before submitting acceptance to an offer." 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...