• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-

-

Since people found this funny, will update you on what I dreamed last night as it seems to be a continuation of that dream lol.... Dream:  So its med acceptance day, but for a weird reason w

Posted Images

Everyone waiting on Mac must be especially nervous but let's all try our best at distracting ourselves. It might be hard to focus but time is precious, don't waste it. If you had hours to kill, try to learn something or listen to music that relaxes you/meditate for a bit and then do something that occupies you. I'll probably be studying for MCAT (lol) and netflixing.

Since it comes out Tuesday and there's nothing you can do on Monday, why stress now. Pulling an all nighter right now makes zero sense. It's very unhealthy for you and you gain nothing. The only time I'm pulling an all nighter is if I really have to study or have a strict deadline where fighting to stay up directly correlates to progress. We all need to chill. If you let this make you turn to unhealthy habits it means you can't handle pressure or stress and those are not the signs of a confident person fit for medicine. Do yourself a favour and remind yourself you got this, you've worked hard, and do whatever your interview answer for how you deal with stress was lol. 

Definitely sleep when you're tired. Check at midnight if you want or wait until the morning if you feel like exercising restraint. It doesn't really matter. You'll find out when you find out. Best of luck to everyone!

Just now, reginageorge said:

me too. my stomach hurts and when I lie down it gets worse so idk wtf to do

Hahah omg as I lay here feeling the same 

Honestly I’ll probably just get up in a bit and let myself nap as needed. Only slept 3h the night before, too- thought I’d tucker myself out but jitters prevail tonight 

Just now, hbmed said:

Hahah omg as I lay here feeling the same 

Honestly I’ll probably just get up in a bit and let myself nap as needed. Only slept 3h the night before, too- thought I’d tucker myself out but jitters prevail tonight 

yeah the jitters are bad. I've already pooped 4 times today I don't wanna do any more

44 minutes ago, premedubc101 said:

Are we certain that the results come out on the 12th and not monday? 

Also, does the button only apply to people interviewing at Mac or other schools too? 

Yes- Ontario schools have coordinated for May 12th (ie tomorrow). However, at least some results will likely be available at midnight tonight (ie in just over 17h from now, which is still technically May 12th, 12am EST).

Button Fiasco seems related to just Mac’s “interview” pool, though we imagine more may show up when results come out for other schools

Fun fact: I have read all 78 pages of this thread, and I didn't apply to Ontario schools! (Waitlisted for Dalhousie) With letters being released soon I just wanted to drop a quick line....

Wishing the very best of luck to each of you, if you get that acceptance- YOU DID IT, CONGRATS!!!! If you don't, or are waitlisted like me, FAIL FORWARD. Use the experience, learn from it, pick your sad sac up, recollect your pride, and GO. AGAIN. I think the people that really "get it" are those that know in their heart of hearts that medicine is their only calling and at the end of the day the ones who persist, will end up where they are meant to be.

Rooting for you from NS!

it was mentioned briefly before but I just want to confirm bc this is my first cycle. If you don’t get an offer, nothing shows up on OMSAS? How are u sure it’s a rejection or if the offer isn’t sent yet? Or does the school also confirm over email? 

6 minutes ago, Yippe said:

it was mentioned briefly before but I just want to confirm bc this is my first cycle. If you don’t get an offer, nothing shows up on OMSAS? How are u sure it’s a rejection or if the offer isn’t sent yet? Or does the school also confirm over email? 

Also my first cycle but I'm so anxious that I read this entire thread lol

Last year, some people found out that they had an offer at midnight on OMSAS. However, some people didn't see anything on OMSAS and got an offer later in the day, so while having something on OMSAS means that you 100% have an offer, not having anything could mean anything. OMSAS doesn't show (ever) waitlists or rejections. & yeah, schools confirm over email, usually tomorrow morning (based on comments I've read on this thread, generally before 9-10 AM). Good luck!!

7 minutes ago, Yippe said:

If nothing shows up it could mean: not updated yet, waitlisted, or rejected. You’ll have to wait for email in morning.

What seems to be for sure is if it shows offer, then it means you’re accepted.

My first cycle too, best of luck :)