Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

Just now, SoftTings said:

Some advice: Only speak to him if your anonymity is assured. You don't want this haunting you down the road

Yes I advise if you do this to be careful. 

also consider what every opinion you have will reflect the  Mac class.

1 minute ago, William Osler said:

Residency interviews have already been deemed virtual and they usually take place late Jan early Feb but have been postponed to March 8 to 28

I would be extremely surprised if any schools have inperson interviews next cycle

wait, residency interviews for TWENTY TWENTY ONE? 2021? are virutal? In march? WOWWWWWW omg

1 minute ago, William Osler said:

image.thumb.png.e8019fddfe15a404c0adff51c446dfaa.png

https://afmc.ca/en/node/357

I dont see why medical school interviews will be allowed in person when they involve an exponentially larger group of people 

wow this is rough. 

I kinda see why I guess. 200 people in medschool. can't really social distance unless everyone is in like a class with 40-50 others and spread out over 200 seats. just very bad logistically. Plus all the other students from the other programs at the unis. in person classes seem very far away. Wonder how this would affect anatomy, as most other things can be done virtually easily. just sucks so bad that we wont have an O-week. Kinda hurts tbh.

Just now, premedubc101 said:

wow this is rough. 

I kinda see why I guess. 200 people in medschool. can't really social distance unless everyone is in like a class with 40-50 others and spread out over 200 seats. just very bad logistically. Plus all the other students from the other programs at the unis. in person classes seem very far away. Wonder how this would affect anatomy, as most other things can be done virtually easily. just sucks so bad that we wont have an O-week. Kinda hurts tbh.

No O week and CMA backpack distribution

No bonding with classmates in-person (meeting strangers over Zoom does not feel the same) 

No white coat ceremony (or stethoscope ceremony if you're special cough cough) 

No clinical experiences (upper years in clerkship will be prioritized and no shadowing will be allowed, making it hard to meet faculty to begin research and career exploration) 

What else am I missing?

(Anatomy will be fine you can read textbooks and do modules. Mac hasnt had a mandatory anatomy program ever and its been doing fine)

4 minutes ago, William Osler said:

No O week and CMA backpack distribution

No bonding with classmates in-person (meeting strangers over Zoom does not feel the same) 

No white coat ceremony (or stethoscope ceremony if you're special cough cough) 

No clinical experiences (upper years in clerkship will be prioritized and no shadowing will be allowed, making it hard to meet faculty to begin research and career exploration) 

What else am I missing?

(Anatomy will be fine you can read textbooks and do modules. Mac hasnt had a mandatory anatomy program ever and its been doing fine)

man this shit is depressing. No O week is killing me. 

Do you guys think we could have another o week type thing later when things clear. It would suck so so so so so so bad man. Those O week videos on youtube felt so good to watch after every rejection over the years and helped me kept going. 

1 minute ago, premedubc101 said:

man this shit is depressing. No O week is killing me. 

Do you guys think we could have another o week type thing later when things clear. It would suck so so so so so so bad man. Those O week videos on youtube felt so good to watch after every rejection over the years and helped me kept going. 

Virtual O week TM