Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

3 minutes ago, MedicineLCS said:

IT doesn't mean anything. It was a glitch from the beginning (random or not) so fixing it doesn't change a thing.

Unless you start considering in which case they would be more likely to fix it. Could be a reach, but I have nothing to do but obsess at this point

1 hour ago, William Osler said:

Re OMSAS midnight drop

Does every school release your campus along with the offer on the OMSAS interface? Ive seen MAM (Missisagua Academy of Medicine) TDR MDR (Toronto/McMaster Downtown Region) in the past. 

Last year, few applicants saw no change at midnight and received an offer from an email. It was not linked to a particular school as all schools (except for NOSM likely due to the few number of interviewees) reported seing offers at midnight - Hope that helps

C’mon Will, none of us know. If we knew we wouldn’t be applying! :P 

5 minutes ago, fingerscrossed2020 said:

People could have logged in on campus, libraries, etc.—places that are now closed, so that's likely where this is coming from

In that case why is Mac communicating by email instead of post? Why are decisions sent by email?

This is a school that doesn't acknowledge lack of transportation (ie not having a car) as a valid excuse to not do rotations at sites where the public transit system does not reach. If they can expect you to have a car, they can expect a stable wifi connection lol, this is just an excuse 

I think it's not just internet access but good internet access. I don't know about you guys but the number of zoom calls I have been on with lag has been quite evident. 

Edit: to expand - the MMI requires you to think on the spot and when I was prepping delivery was just as important as ideas. If you kill an answer but the interviewer is struggling to hear or mishears something then really that's not going to work out well for you.