Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

11 minutes ago, MDLD said:

total MVP! 

only 7 days, 10 hours and 47 minutes to go... but who's counting :unsure:

Me

seriously though I'm waiting on updates from Mac and I'm going insane. I was hoping they'd update us today and since nothing has happened yet, I'm devastated!!! I've been refreshing my email and this forum like every 20 mins for the entire day

1 minute ago, short_stack said:

Me

seriously though I'm waiting on updates from Mac and I'm going insane. I was hoping they'd update us today and since nothing has happened yet, I'm devastated!!! I've been refreshing my email and this forum like every 20 mins for the entire day

this is me right now... 

i have nothing better to do and am just going a little insane 

11 minutes ago, MDLD said:

this is me right now... 

i have nothing better to do and am just going a little insane 

I was trying to distract myself with netflix and video games but i'm way too frazzled for it now so i'm deep diving into past mac waitlist threads and stuff. JUST TO TORTURE MYSELF MORE!!

1 minute ago, short_stack said:

I was trying to distract myself with netflix and video games but i'm way too frazzled for it now so i'm deep diving into past mac waitlist threads and stuff. JUST TO TORTURE MYSELF MORE!!

I have gone as far back as 2012 looking at Mac threads lol. 

Glad I am not the only one 

9 minutes ago, short_stack said:

tl;dr on phat discoveries? lol like when does waitlist move etc?

even if you tell me a summary i'm still gonna read everything lol :rolleyes:

Pretty much lol ...

when does the waitlist move, how much does it move, what time does it move... any info I can get  

Also read these great long documents if your interested in looking into reading more stats 

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/CMES/CMES2018-Complete_EN.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1JIxbPMsxFEodyIQRVLtzRnJ5LKfOMTyystCplRoBDPrBBa9CCHY2Blsk

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/2020_admission-requirements_EN.pdf

3 minutes ago, MDLD said:

Pretty much lol ...

when does the waitlist move, how long does it move. 

Also read these great long documents if your interested in looking into reading more stats 

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/CMES/CMES2018-Complete_EN.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1JIxbPMsxFEodyIQRVLtzRnJ5LKfOMTyystCplRoBDPrBBa9CCHY2Blsk

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/2020_admission-requirements_EN.pdf

Gotta say, the waitlist info is really encouraging. But this is assuming I would even be on the waitlist and not just straight up rejected based on their new criteria lmao :unsure:

2 minutes ago, short_stack said:

Gotta say, the waitlist info is really encouraging. But this is assuming I would even be on the waitlist and not just straight up rejected based on their new criteria lmao :unsure:

Yeah that graph gives me hope lol...

from 2015-2019 they send out about 300+ offers since 100+ decline... 

So if there is 550 interviews, and 300 offers made you could assume you have a 50-55% chance.

I also wonder if this year there will be even more waitlist movement since they canceled the interviews, people might have a stronger impression of  schools they got to visit. 

2 minutes ago, MDLD said:

So if there is 550 interviews, and 300 offers made you could assume you have a 50-55% chance.

I also wonder if this year there will be even more waitlist movement since they canceled the interviews, people might have a stronger impression of  schools they got to visit. 

How does waitlist chance look at Ottawa based on the graphs (if you've read into it). If not, I'll just wait till next week lol 

1 minute ago, MDLD said:

wrt more or less waitlist movement this year - it could be either way in my mind. There could be way more than normal movement because of what you said, or even less than normal because there's the possibility of travel restrictions and online classes that people maybe would end up not selecting other offers.

4 minutes ago, wannabemdplease said:

How does waitlist chance look at Ottawa based on the graphs (if you've read into it). If not, I'll just wait till next week lol 

They don't have it by english and french stream but looking at the graph it says last year. They sent out 244 offers for 156 spots. 

I don't know how many interview at ottawa. 

7 minutes ago, short_stack said:

wrt more or less waitlist movement this year - it could be either way in my mind. There could be way more than normal movement because of what you said, or even less than normal because there's the possibility of travel restrictions and online classes that people maybe would end up not selecting other offers.

Very true.. will just have to wait and see :(

Just now, short_stack said:

Wow that's kind of crazy compared to Mac where it's consistently like ~60% of interviewees get an offer. I guess the 3 year program is really not that popular

Mac also has more spots 206 spots total vs 154 for ottawa. 

10 minutes ago, HeyMrSnowman said:

Am I the only one who progressively thinks that their interviews went to shit because I keep thinking of things I should've said/not said

noope.. I keep going over ever interview... 

I shook the interview's hand after we were told not to because of covid.... pretty idiot thing to do :eek:...  he told me that he wasn't told that though so hopefully im over thinking it lol