Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

1 minute ago, newmy88 said:

I feel like I told way to many people when I find out. So I’m panicking more and more about how many people I’m going to have to give bad news to tomorrow IF ITS BAD NEWS :(

I feel this, I told a lot of my colleagues, friends, and family!! A person I know in my city applied to the same school as me this year, and all of her family posted on fb about how proud they were of her for getting an interview (which is amazing the support she has), and I remember thinking "omg now they will have to tell so many people about a rejection if that happens"- but honestly who cares!! Its AMAZING to make it this far in the application cycle and we should all be proud about that! Even if we get a rejection we will just try again. If it's bad news then take it for what it is and see it as an opportunity to grow for your next application. The people who truly support you will not judge you for being rejected and will support you during the hard times. 

13 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

I feel like I told way to many people when I find out. So I’m panicking more and more about how many people I’m going to have to give bad news to tomorrow IF ITS BAD NEWS :(

hey I know what you mean. if it's bad news, just ignore everyone for a few days or however long you need. you don't owe anyone any explanations. just take care of yourself <3 

28 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

Same here. Reapplying makes it worse because they say "you're DEFINITELY going to get in this year". Really dreading bad news.