Premed 101 Forums

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gh2020 said:

Is anyone still on the waitlist? I still haven’t heard anything back.. I don’t know what to expect! Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated :( 

Hey, my mosaic status is still pending as well. I had emailed them a few weeks ago and they had said that they would notify the remaining waitlisted candidates once the class was full. I also tried calling them multiple times this week and received no response. 

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have just completed my application to MSc global health. I’m a Canadian resident and my wGPA for my last 10 credits is a 10.9 on the McMaster scale. I have strong LORs and a relatively average CV. I’m currently in the process of graduating and writing the MCAT and applying to med for the upcoming cycle. For those who have gained admissions into the MSc program, what are my chances of getting in? What were the stats of the individuals that got rejected/accepted?

On 1/14/2021 at 10:49 PM, MScGloablHealth2021 said:

Hi,

I have just completed my application to MSc global health. I’m a Canadian resident and my wGPA for my last 10 credits is a 10.9 on the McMaster scale. I have strong LORs and a relatively average CV. I’m currently in the process of graduating and writing the MCAT and applying to med for the upcoming cycle. For those who have gained admissions into the MSc program, what are my chances of getting in? What were the stats of the individuals that got rejected/accepted?

Hey! I’m currently in the program and I was admitted with a 9.5 on the McMaster scale. Honestly having a lower GPA is a slight disadvantage, but if  your app is solid you have a good chance in being accepted!

Good luck on your MCAT!

On 1/16/2021 at 1:45 PM, naija.med said:

Hey! I’m currently in the program and I was admitted with a 9.5 on the McMaster scale. Honestly having a lower GPA is a slight disadvantage, but if  your app is solid you have a good chance in being accepted!

Good luck on your MCAT!

Thank you so much for your reply! Last question I’m sorry, do you know roughly how many people are in your graduating class?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi there! I created a new thread for this upcoming year admissions (Sept 2022). 

If anyone from this thread can share their experience on the new thread I created, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I’d love to hear personal experiences of this program, rather than what is advertised on the McMaster website! Also, is there anyone on here who is re-applying this year??

Thanks for reading:)