Premed 101 Forums

Post Match positions

Hello,

I understand that after the completion of the 2nd iteration, programs can opt to offer the unfilled positions in a post match process. I don't find any data about this process though from previous years ?Does Quebec FM programs usually participate in the post match given the large number of positions left in these programs every year ?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, swoman said:

Why was Nuc med so competitve this year

***I figured for some of the 1st round spots at least, Alberta and Dal had the 7 year combined Rads/Nuc Med option, so some people might have thought it might be a backdoor to Radiology, which is traditionally thought of as more competitive. I think because the Alberta spots have gone unfilled in the 1st iteration in past years, maybe some thought it might be an easy way to match to Rads?***

Hard to know what's going on with UWO Nuc Med, as they're not a combined program. From what I've heard, it's super tough to get a Nuc Med job without Rads training as well, but this is coming from word of mouth and anecdotes only. 

***pure speculation on my part and in no way denigrating the fields of nuc med or rads or the hard work of those who matched***

On 4/21/2020 at 11:18 AM, swoman said:

Why was Nuc med so competitve this year

This question is asked every year for X specialty that has a random boost. Most of the time it's just random variation due to low number of spots vs applicants.

There are 9 Nuclear Medicine spots in Canada. There are 3000 CMG applicants.

If out of the 3000 CMG applicants 5 more than normal decide to do Nuclear Medicine, that increases competitiveness by 50% from previous.

2 hours ago, rasavero said:

Has anyone heard anything back from Nuclear Medicine or Neuropathology of the post match? 

Hi there,

The interviews for nuclear medicine at Western University were conducted today.

Edited by IMG

19 hours ago, rasavero said:

Has anyone heard anything back from Nuclear Medicine or Neuropathology of the post match? 

An email from Western University (Neuropathology) was sent out yesterday afternoon. Applicants offered an interview will be contacted before May 11.

I hope you get an interview. All the best! 

On 4/28/2020 at 6:50 AM, path82 said:

An email from Western University (Neuropathology) was sent out yesterday afternoon. Applicants offered an interview will be contacted before May 11.

I hope you get an interview. All the best! 

Yes I got the email, thank you so much! :)

I remain hopeful, but I'll start preparing for Carms 2021... Just can't give up yet!

All the best too! :)