Premed 101 Forums

May 9/10 Countdown

I'm so glad I still have finals to study for. I would go crazy without something to do! I have a countdown on my phone that I check somewhat obsessively. This is my first application and I didn't realize how looooong and agonizing the wait would be. Watching last year's class, they seemed to interview and have their results the next day!

Finding it really hard to be optimistic. This is my fourth cycle, 2nd interview. MCAT expires after this year. Not sure I have it in me to rewrite to apply again. Process seems like such a black box. 

I’ve seen people post stats like getting above average interviews with like 72 TFRs and not get in. Makes me think how could I possibly get in? 

not sure how others feel! 

8 hours ago, coffeeandmed said:

I'm so glad I still have finals to study for. I would go crazy without something to do! I have a countdown on my phone that I check somewhat obsessively. This is my first application and I didn't realize how looooong and agonizing the wait would be. Watching last year's class, they seemed to interview and have their results the next day!

6 hours ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Finding it really hard to be optimistic. This is my fourth cycle, 2nd interview. MCAT expires after this year. Not sure I have it in me to rewrite to apply again. Process seems like such a black box. 

I’ve seen people post stats like getting above average interviews with like 72 TFRs and not get in. Makes me think how could I possibly get in? 

I feel the exact same way haha. My 3rd cycle now and seeing people with 70+ TFRs not getting in is kinda demoralizing honestly

11 hours ago, coffeeandmed said:

I've run out of classes to study for, now there's no more distraction for the last month! :-(

Time to get back into old hobbies and movie marathons, I suppose.

Hang in there, everyone!

7 hours ago, mdpwns1763 said:

3 hours ago, acceptmeplease said:

Thanks for making this post!!!

I appear to be getting more and more obsessive as May approaches. I interviewed last year, and tend to attribute my rejection to having one reference accidentally submit their form blank (and at the last minute), but I can't help but worry that I will have the same result this year! I don't feel that I will be happy staying in my current research work for another year, but also feel a little bit stuck as they only support me leaving to enrol in school.

I did everything that I possibly could to get accepted this year- I just hope that it was enough!!! If not, I will definitely regret not applying for less competitive options, alongside medical school.

Good luck to everyone! We will survive this wait!!!

1 hour ago, newguy23 said:

I feel the exact same way haha. My 3rd cycle now and seeing people with 70+ TFRs not getting in is kinda demoralizing honestly

This is my first application cycle and I find it so easy to start obsessing over past admission statistics. I'm an OOP for UBC and I was not expecting to even get an interview. Part of me is strongly hoping that I will be accepted, but I also don't want to get my hopes up too much and be absolutely crushed by a rejection. Luckily I interviewed at 3 schools so maybe I have a shot? But honestly who knows...

I'm just in this headspace of not knowing what is happening. If I don't get accepted this year, then I need to look into a Master's program and I'll need to work over the summer. But COVID happened so all of the jobs I applied for no longer exist...it's just this unsettling uncertainty.

3 hours ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Anyone any thoughts on why they choose to not send out the emails all at once? I always thought they’d have the ability now a days to push a big button at like 10am and notify everyone one way or another 

Like the interview invites this year? Or the acceptances last year? 

On 4/12/2020 at 1:51 AM, matchalatte said:

For the past three cycles (according to the acceptance thread), it's been the 2nd Friday in May. So I think it might be May 8th this year

I sure hope it's sooner rather than later....but I've heard they send something out near the end of April to let us know when it will be happening.