Premed 101 Forums

May 9/10 Countdown

Im a 2nd year UG lurking here and I just wanted to wish you guys all good luck! I hope all of your hard-work pays off. To all the people who wont be as lucky this year, just remember that it is an accomplishment in and of itself to make it this far! Its a matter of not if, but when you get in.

I'm in a different timezone than BC right now, but I hope that everyone is able to take some time to treat themselves tonight and get a good sleep! We have all worked incredibly hard to get to this point and it is certainly stressful to sit and wait for our fate. But, just remember everyone that is not it is a matter of 'if' but rather 'when' we get into medical school :)  best of luck everyone <3 

38 minutes ago, Jordyn_H said:

I'm in a different timezone than BC right now, but I hope that everyone is able to take some time to treat themselves tonight and get a good sleep! We have all worked incredibly hard to get to this point and it is certainly stressful to sit and wait for our fate. But, just remember everyone that is not it is a matter of 'if' but rather 'when' we get into medical school :)  best of luck everyone <3 

EST is just not friendly for UBC decisions, knowing that you'd be up all tomorrow morning and anxiously waiting. 

Just wanted to come here and wish each and every single one of you guys the best as results start rolling in tomorrow!!!

Can't tell you just how excited I am for all of you :D:D!  I was in your shoes last year this time and many times before that (lol), so I can totally understand the feeling of stress some of you may be having.  Regardless of what happens, each of you deserves a great round of applause for all that you've accomplished so far to be here, right now.  And thus, regardless of what happens, I am sure that you each deserve to be studying medicine and continue this journey of practicing your passion.  Hang in there and be confident in what you've achieved (never forget that), you've got this! B)

giphy.gif

ha I'm not going to be getting much sleep tonight! all decisions typically come out before noon PST right? praying for all of us :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, theUBCmedhopeful said:

Current applicants, did UBC mention anything regarding GPA calculations from this semester? I'm a prospective applicant and I was wondering what they will be doing with grades from this semester due to the whole COVID19 situation

also @theUBCmedhopeful, your best bet would be to watch for updates on their admissions blog. To my knowledge they haven't said anything yet, probably won't until decisions are made for the 2024 class

58 minutes ago, theUBCmedhopeful said:

Current applicants, did UBC mention anything regarding GPA calculations from this semester? I'm a prospective applicant and I was wondering what they will be doing with grades from this semester due to the whole COVID19 situation

Nothing yet. They said to expect an update is early May, so theoretically by the end of this week. I have their admissions blog bookmarked and just check it frequently.

This is probably the last time I'll be checking the forums until we get our emails. Regardless of the decision, remember that for even getting to the point of receiving interviews, you are qualified and you can do it. It's not a matter of if but when.

I have hope for all of us and sincerely wish the best for you all: my (eventually) future colleagues. :D

2 minutes ago, ruralmed said:

Same. I'm starting to think it's a problem with my personality after so many post-interview rejections. I don't know if I can force being extroverted and outgoing. Maybe it's time for me to move on.

If anyone has advice or experience on moving up from a below average interview it would be really great to talk with you.

How did you feel after the interview? 
I also got "below average". I knew I screwed up one station for being off topic . The other ones were average and only one or two I felt the connection.