Premed 101 Forums

May 9/10 Countdown

11 minutes ago, ruralmed said:

Just got regrets. Here goes another year of applying. Congrats to those accepted and best of luck to those waitlisted! :)

P.S. Does anyone know how to use the inspect element so I can determine my exact NAQ score? 

If you're on Safari, you might have to enable developer mode. Otherwise, pressing F12 or right click > "inspect element" (or just "inspect") will open it up.

In the top left you will see a tiny icon with a mouse pointing within a tiny square box. Click on that, it will let you hover over whichever web/HTML element that you want to select. From there, select the rejection marker. Now, look to the right side of the inspector, under the section where "styles" are selected. You'll probably see the css with something like 'left: 55%' or something.

If you right click > save as for your page and PM it, I can make a sample video to share on here... I'll also change the values of your scores and remove personal identifying information for ya.

4 minutes ago, 24KaratPureAu said:

How did you feel after the interview? 
I also got "below average". I knew I screwed up one station for being off topic . The other ones were average and only one or two I felt the connection. 

Haven't received any news yet, but...

After the interview i felt bad. I only had one station that I really connected with, and several blunders. Honestly, I'm not sure what anything at all means.

I have heard a lot of anecdotal evidence that if you're beating yourself up during the interview for answering things wrongly, it probably means you knew enough about the situation in the moment to understand what they were looking for. Whereas if you thought it went amazing and felt bad in the weeks/months after, it might mean that you missed things in the moment. But this is all conjecture and quite possibly wrong.

2 minutes ago, HongHongHong said:

Haven't received any news yet, but...

After the interview i felt bad. I only had one station that I really connected with, and several blunders. Honestly, I'm not sure what anything at all means.

I have heard a lot of anecdotal evidence that if you're beating yourself up during the interview for answering things wrongly, it probably means you knew enough about the situation in the moment to understand what they were looking for. Whereas if you thought it went amazing and felt bad in the weeks/months after, it might mean that you missed things in the moment. But this is all conjecture and quite possibly wrong.

Yes exactly. For that one bad station, I knew exactly what I should've said after coming out of the room. I had to pick myself up before the next station to hit the "reset" button. 
Anyhow, the interview questions were a bit off from my predictions given I have prepared A LOT on scenario questions. 

1 minute ago, acceptmeplease said:

So sorry to hear about your disappointing results- I’m sure they will be different next time!!!

I had expected to be waiting until much later in the day. Suddenly up and making a panic coffee because i perfected homemade cold brew during the waiting period ahaha

There's probably multiple rejection waves. Or people haven't woken up yet.

48 minutes ago, 24KaratPureAu said:

Got rejected a couple minutes ago. Below average interview. 

40 minutes ago, ruralmed said:

Same. I'm starting to think it's a problem with my personality after so many post-interview rejections. I don't know if I can force being extroverted and outgoing. Maybe it's time for me to move on.

If anyone has advice or experience on moving up from a below average interview it would be really great to talk with you.

I'm sorry to hear that. As someone who has received a fair number of regrets, it feels like every R stings more than the last.

Keep your head up. There's a reason you were interviewed in the first place, and you'll have more experience next year. I'm sending you two my best wishes! 

17 minutes ago, 24KaratPureAu said:

How did you feel after the interview? 
I also got "below average". I knew I screwed up one station for being off topic . The other ones were average and only one or two I felt the connection. 

Felt decent. I was happy that I was calm and the interview felt very conversational.

Overall my first station felt bad, also like I was off topic. I probably could have done better on one of the acting stations. Otherwise the stations felt good or average.

4 minutes ago, coffeeandmed said:

Currently watching my heart rate on my FitBit repeatedly SPIKE to 110 and then drop to 80. Does this count as my cardio for the day?

I was in bed. Just casually checking my phone cuz I knew they wouldn't send the email at 7AM PST. Man I was wrong. After seeing the headline of my email, I felt a rush of blood to my head. Took a deep breath and continued reading the email that started with " we regretfully inform you...."