Premed 101 Forums

May 9/10 Countdown

Result:    Regrets After Interview

Geography: IP

Early or Regular Deadline: Early
Timestamp: 7:04 am PST
OGPA: 84.95%

AGPA: 86.78%

NAQ score: 75th -100th Percentile (57% by inspect element)

MCAT: 509 (125/127/128/129)
Interview: Above Average Interview

Year: BSc 2016, BSN 2019

First application. Also at a loss on how to improve, besides re-writing MCAT?

2 minutes ago, olanzapine said:

Result:    Regrets After Interview

Geography: IP

Early or Regular Deadline: Early
Timestamp: 7:04 am PST
OGPA: 84.95%

OGPA: 86.78%

NAQ score: 75th -100th Percentile (57% by inspect element)

MCAT: 509 (125/127/128/129)
Interview: Above Average Interview

Year: BSc 2016, BSN 2019

First application. Also at a loss on how to improve, besides re-writing MCAT?

I would say the only feasible improvement would be re-writing MCAT and maybe double-checking how you're writing your EC's? Honestly, your entry sounds pretty strong, though the MCAT is a bit on the lower side.

Thank you for sharing your stats and I hope you get accepted in future years!

3 minutes ago, goldielocks said:

If we haven’t received an email so far is that a good sign??? How likely is a second wave of rejections? :unsure:

Definitely a good sign. Could potentially be more waves of rejects but that would be strange. Usually once acceptances come out the rejections are done. Things happened so early this year that it may be different. Who knows.

Rejected! 

not surprised at all, 4th time applicant, 75th-100th percentile, 517 mcat. IP. Somehow got a below average interview again even though I felt it went completely different from last time. Probably done applying forever so the dream for me is all but dead. I’ll never wrap my head around how they accept first time applicants over someone who has applied 4 times. Oh well.

All the best! 

2 minutes ago, ShadesofCyan said:

It sounds like NMP is still coming out

I think it might be that people are staggered in coming to post on the forums their acceptances for NMP, but I think UBC probably sent out all the emails in a fairly narrow timeframe. (All the rejections this morning seem to be from around ~7:04am, and I'm guessing quite a bit more rejection emails were sent out than there are NMP acceptances (only 32 seats, after all), in terms of making sure the system doesn't crash).

1 minute ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Rejected! 

not surprised at all, 4th time applicant, 75th-100th percentile, 517 mcat. IP. Somehow got a below average interview again even though I felt it went completely different from last time. Probably done applying forever so the dream for me is all but dead. I’ll never wrap my head around how they accept first time applicants over someone who has applied 4 times. Oh well.

All the best! 

Sad to hear about your rejection, mdpwns1763. What direction do you think you're going to go in, now? (also, if you don't mind me asking, what time did your email get sent out?)

All the best to you too!

1 minute ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Rejected! 

All the best! 

Sorry to hear that my friend. I'm rejected too and it's my third app/first interview. 

1 minute ago, HongHongHong said:

Sad to hear about your rejection, mdpwns1763. What direction do you think you're going to go in, now? (also, if you don't mind me asking, what time did your email get sent out?)

All the best to you too!

I’ve been working on HR certifications recently, looking to get into that field. Rejection at 7am