Premed 101 Forums

May 9/10 Countdown

7 minutes ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Rjected! 

not surprised at all, 4th time applicant, 75th-100th percentile, 517 mcat. IP. Somehow got a below average interview again even though I felt it went completely different from last time. Probably done applying forever so the dream for me is all but dead. I’ll never wrap my head around how they accept first time applicants over someone who has applied 4 times. Oh well.

All the best! 

I'm so sorry :( I know you wanted this. I hope that you reapply if it works for you because clearly you are persistent. 

13 minutes ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Rejected! 

not surprised at all, 4th time applicant, 75th-100th percentile, 517 mcat. IP. Somehow got a below average interview again even though I felt it went completely different from last time. Probably done applying forever so the dream for me is all but dead. I’ll never wrap my head around how they accept first time applicants over someone who has applied 4 times. Oh well.

All the best! 

I heard at an info session that they treat all applicants the same regardless of the number of times they have applied. It may come into effect if you were deciding between 2 equal candidates, but other than that I think it's not considered. Doesn't make much sense to me either.

1 minute ago, HugeEuge said:

I heard at an info session that they treat all applicants the same regardless of the number of times they have applied. It may come into effect if you were deciding between 2 equal candidates, but other than that I think it's not considered. Doesn't make much sense to me either.

Maybe it's part of their "no history" evaluation. For example, if you do poorly in interviews of past years or have a red flag from one referee, it would suck to have them carry that information forward. So, if they're dropping that information, they might decide not to look back at past years as well. Maybe they destroy records 2 or more cycles ago because of security / not needing the details, or they try to randomize it. Honestly, I'm not sure at all.

At the very least, I'd have thought that they look at a person's age and the older the better (up to a certain point). From admission statistics of people who get accepted after 3rd year, it sounds like they have much higher GPAs/competitiveness compared to 4th or recently graduated candidates. 

51 minutes ago, olanzapine said:

Result:    Regrets After Interview

Geography: IP

Early or Regular Deadline: Early
Timestamp: 7:04 am PST
OGPA: 84.95%

AGPA: 86.78%

NAQ score: 75th -100th Percentile (57% by inspect element)

MCAT: 509 (125/127/128/129)
Interview: Above Average Interview

Year: BSc 2016, BSN 2019

First application. Also at a loss on how to improve, besides re-writing MCAT?

Sorry to hear this :( . Maybe it was one of your references? Sooo confusing, your app looks good.