Premed 101 Forums

May 9/10 Countdown

42 minutes ago, mdpwns1763 said:

It was announced the first, 10 days prior to the 10th

Are we talking about something different? These are the posts I'm referring to:

On 4/23/2019 at 7:45 PM, liuqiba said:

Well, its official - May 10th. Going to be a nervy few weeks. May the odds be ever in your favour!

On 4/23/2019 at 9:46 PM, Neurophiliac said:

Well well well, May 10th has officially been declared as this year’s UBC Med D-Day!

I thought to start our discussion thread so the nerves and doubts and excitement can officially be discussed as we inch closer to the beginning of the end (for the cycle!) and possibly the beginning of a new beginning.

Here’s our official live countdown:

https://www.arewethere.yt/OFFICIAL-D-DAY-2019/100157.htm

28 minutes ago, tomatoegg said:

Are we talking about something different? These are the posts I'm referring to:

Not sure where they got the information about May 10th, but ubc didn’t officially notify the applicants until may1st. The earlier the email is sent the better, but I’m not too hopeful we will find out anything until the end of this coming week ! 

3 minutes ago, Pleasetakeme!!!!! said:

Not sure where they got the information about May 10th, but ubc didn’t officially notify the applicants until may1st. The earlier the email is sent the better, but I’m not too hopeful we will find out anything until the end of this coming week ! 

OMG the end of next week is May!! I just realized...April honestly flew by. Probably because of studying for finals. But those are done and I have no job lined up because of COVID....so let's hope time continues to go fast!

hi !! long time lurker here (this is my first post hehe)

does anyone know how last year's cycle found out that D-day was may 10th, on April 23rd last year? Was there an earlier email sent before the one on May 1st? If so, has anyone this cycle received an equivalent email (presumably would have been received sometime this week? the equivalent day would have been April 21st) 

27 minutes ago, dancer_md said:

hi !! long time lurker here (this is my first post hehe)

does anyone know how last year's cycle found out that D-day was may 10th, on April 23rd last year? Was there an earlier email sent before the one on May 1st? If so, has anyone this cycle received an equivalent email (presumably would have been received sometime this week? the equivalent day would have been April 21st) 

Apparently it was an email

It was an email sent on April 23rd 2019 but the title of the email was called course completion and final transcripts and at the very bottom of the email it stated they are hoping to send out acceptances starting May 10th

Then on May 1st we received the official email stating May 10th was going to be the day.

So 2 emails were sent ! April 23rd then May 1st. Hope this clears it up.

2 hours ago, bhaggy said:

It was an email sent on April 23rd 2019 but the title of the email was called course completion and final transcripts and at the very bottom of the email it stated they are hoping to send out acceptances starting May 10th

Then on May 1st we received the official email stating May 10th was going to be the day.

So 2 emails were sent ! April 23rd then May 1st. Hope this clears it up.

I dont think everyone received the April 23rd email.. I know I didnt...maybe cz I wasnt taking any courses at that time?

3 hours ago, CoffeeNerd said:

I dont think everyone received the April 23rd email.. I know I didnt...maybe cz I wasnt taking any courses at that time?

That would make sense. Maybe they only emailed people with pending transcripts last year

Thanks for doing some hard core lurking, guys!

I just went back in my emails and realized that I had received the april 23 email about course completion with the May 10 note at the bottom AND the later official May 10 email. I was taking a required English course.

Anyone taking any courses and receive a similar email about transcripts?

24 minutes ago, acceptmeplease said:

I just went back in my emails and realized that I had received the april 23 email about course completion with the May 10 note at the bottom AND the later official May 10 email. I was taking a required English course.

I’m taking my second English class this term but I didn’t get any email about transcripts...

So either a) there won’t be that email this year or b) the email hasn’t been sent yet because COVID is delaying the entire process

3 hours ago, acceptmeplease said:

Ahh gotcha glad we cleared things up haha

6 hours ago, coffeeandmed said:

In other news, I just picked up our new kitten from the SPCA. He was neutered yesterday and he's super dopey hehe. Taking care of him will keep me busy for the next little while! 

Ooooo more details please, what is his name? What does he look like?