Premed 101 Forums

May 9/10 Countdown

Just now, Anon1 said:

Thank you haha! I thought these only applied to those who were accepted/waitlisted. I don't wanna get ahead of myself haha

I'd rather send it and get rejected over waiting and then having the transcript get stuck in the mail/not get sent from my university on time.

I've had some packages and letters be delivered ahead of schedule while others are literally taking months!

17 minutes ago, coffeeandmed said:

I'd rather send it and get rejected over waiting and then having the transcript get stuck in the mail/not get sent from my university on time.

I've had some packages and letters be delivered ahead of schedule while others are literally taking months!

Precisely why I wanted to get things in early! Better safe than sorry!

Sorry for causing any panic with my question!!!

1 hour ago, frenchpress said:

They’re anticipating some combination of online and in-person curriculum, as they don’t expect provincial guidelines to have relaxed enough to allow the whole class to gather by August.  Orientations usually involves a lot of in-person activities, including a multi day camp. But obviously most of that is unlikely to happen now, so lots will need to change there too. They’re still working out the details obviously. 

I expect they will talk about a lot of this when they send the offers of admission, should be soon! Just hold on a little longer you guys!

I have heard similar things and how distributed sites may not start in Vancouver if it is online... 

36 minutes ago, coffeeandmed said:

Speaking of self-care, how is everyone passing the time? Any good book recommendations? Binge-worth shows on Netflix?

I just finished "The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle" and I'm teaching myself to code through Khan Academy.

You should also check out codecademy! They had a free 3-month premium thing going on for students (due to COVID-19).

2 hours ago, coffeeandmed said:

Speaking of self-care, how is everyone passing the time? Any good book recommendations? Binge-worth shows on Netflix?

I just finished "The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle" and I'm teaching myself to code through Khan Academy.

I started reading Atomic Habits and it is enjoyable so far!! That's cool you're coding, I still don't even understand what coding is haha. 

26 minutes ago, PrePreMed said:

I don't know...will they email us on Wednesday that the results will be out in 48 hrs? have they always sent an email?

I feel there is a chance that the results might not come out till May 15th! I certainly hope I am wrong but ...

As much as I agree, what are they going to change in 10 days? 

7 minutes ago, acceptmeplease said:

It almost seems like that email should have been meant for us ahaha

Yeah seriously hey hahah. 

7 minutes ago, mdpwns1763 said:

I don’t know haha, I’m just bored and frustrated by the wait! Anything is possible 

Yeah I agree anything is possible- at this point I wouldn't mind if they sent out invites without giving us an official date if it meant that it was sooner hahha. 

Personally my prediction is that we get them tomorrow and that invites come out on the 12th. Who knowwwwws though hahahah

16 minutes ago, initrams said:

What about the people saying that the second year student got an email saying invites will go out on the 12th???? Do we still think that that is a possibility? 

I spoke to a medical student as well and they confirmed that UBC told them that invites will go out on the 12th

1 hour ago, initrams said:

What about the people saying that the second year student got an email saying invites will go out on the 12th???? Do we still think that that is a possibility? 

I also spoke to a med student after that email was sent out: they did confirm that their email included this tidbit of knowledge.

1 hour ago, acceptmeplease said:

It almost seems like that email should have been meant for us ahaha

It does, doesn't it? Although it sounds like the email had a lot of other stuff that was intended for them....