Premed 101 Forums

Chatter as we wait.

4 minutes ago, Hopefulfor2029 said:

Yikes does that mean we may have to wait until Thursday or Friday? The misery!!!

I don't think so. They keep contacting verifiers even after admissions offers have been sent out (and even years down the line if you're accepted and do your MD there). We'll prob find out tomorrow or the day after, but obviously offers can be removed if something sketchy comes up during the verification process.

Man I get so annoyed reading some of the stuff people are posting on there. UofC does some a great job overall, especially in taking the effort to have this blog and people are just constantly trying to convince them to not put in that extra mile with all this bad behaviour. If I get into UofC I’m going to go personally congratulate RP for being the most patient and understanding person I’ve ever seen.

Hi Everyone,

Third year medical student from U of C chiming in. I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck today. Many of you will realize your dream of being admitted to medical school, while others may not get the news you had hoped for. For those you that get in, congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you to the menagerie! For the latter, I truly hope you understand the decision places no value on your self worth. You were among the top 10% of students that applied, let that sink in for a minute! That's incredible! While I am not affiliated with the admission's committee in any way, I can only speculate on just how arduous the process has been for them to select from such an accomplished and knowledgeable pool. I too was once in your place, and it took me 3 application cycles to get in. Each time, I felt more and more discouraged while applying, but I refused to give up because this was my dream. If you need a few days to cry, complain, shut everyone out... etc. That's okay. Take that time, self reflect, and bounce back stronger in the next application cycle. I believe in you :) 

If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a message. I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.