• 64-64.9
    • 63-63.9
    • 62-62.9
    • 61-61.9
    • 60-60.9
    • 59-59.9
    • 59>

1 hour ago, Jessletmein said:

All very true, I actually got the idea from you Dalhousie23 from your posts last year! I can't speak for everyone but I'd rather have A number, ANY number to look at for any indication at all lol to keep the hope, as I mentioned a few times we can't rely on these numbers for anything valid- but its better than nothing at all (for me at least). Thanks so much for the additional info!!! 

I was thinking you might have. I can understand completely why you’re looking at them numbers.. trust me there! It’s just that they seem a bit off this year, unsure why. 

6 hours ago, Jessletmein said:

May 27 @ 12pm

Foundations / Human Development have 24 seats open

Metabolism/ Electives/ Rural week/ Professional Competencies have 19 seats open

Host Defense is now displaying 0 seats available.

so it looks like 4 people registered for classes yesterday, yet no posts of people getting off the WLs....  my guess is that it was people who were already accepted but waiting on other schools as long as possible.

Also for those who were discussing the numbers yesterday, it says on the website that 124 will be accepted this year, 79 from NS (confirming that the 12 seats have in fact been added this year to the NS pool).... and then there are the supernumerary positions which are not well described on the website, but by general definition shouldn't be included in that 124.... am I right? Does anyone know how the people who apply under Affirmative Action affect overall numbers? would they be included in the 124? (there is some discussion around this on the forum from last year but nothing concrete)

This is confusing as 124-116 means that they only added 8 spots when they were supposed to add 12 to make a total of 16 overall. But the 79, (assuming I’m remembering correctly) reflects 11 new spots added (79-68). The supernumerary position thing also gets confusing here as if they supposedly already had unlimited spots for affirmative action applicants why did they dedicate the new spots to the affirmative action applicants and rural Nova Scotians? Yes, I think this is a good thing, but at the same time it doesn’t make sense. And if the 16 spots are now for affirmative action applicants why the continuing fluctuating numbers from what they are supposedly supposed to have? 

Just now, Mel96 said:

whats weird is that i have seen people post that they are declining their seats at Dal :/. Maybe the list is moving for people that are not on the forum lol I lost hope already...

Ya, I thought about that too. I just find it so odd that we haven't heard anything.. I feel you!

29 minutes ago, mermaidblue said:

Does anyone know if the fb group is indicative? I can see there's like wayyyy more than 124 spots. Any ideas?

Which Facebook group are you referring to?

The Dalhousie Medicine Class of 2024 is the group you join once formally accepted. This group has nearly all students from the Class of 2023 group, as well as a few class of 2022 members. So the number of members in that group is useless. The only real benefit is to see the “New to the Group” section to see when they might have joined - although this doesn’t necessarily mean they have just gotten in off the WL. Is this clear?

2 hours ago, Dalhousie23 said:

Which Facebook group are you referring to?

The Dalhousie Medicine Class of 2024 is the group you join once formally accepted. This group has nearly all students from the Class of 2023 group, as well as a few class of 2022 members. So the number of members in that group is useless. The only real benefit is to see the “New to the Group” section to see when they might have joined - although this doesn’t necessarily mean they have just gotten in off the WL. Is this clear?

Yes, the class of 2024 group. Oh so it has both 2023 and before? That makes sense. Thanks so much for clearing that up. 

On ‎2020‎/‎05‎/‎27 at 3:39 PM, Dalhousie23 said:

Good point, I will second this. Try not to get hung up on the numbers here. I just finished Med1 at Dal. By looking at the academic timetable where those numbers were pulled from, there are several discrepancies, like class size, different number of people in different classes, etc. 

Unless they’ve changed it for this year, last year you registered for all Med 1 courses using “block registration” meaning you register for all of the classes with one click. So I’m not sure why there are differing numbers between units (e.g., between Foundations and Host Defence, etc).

I can tell you that while Host Defence is quite challenging, there’s no way there is 20 people repeating it. Just out of the question. Med2’s do not take Host Defence, unless they’ve not passed the exam after several iterations, which is very unlikely. Med2 classes are also messed up too. There should be 116 seats available for all Med 2 classes, not 20..

TLDR; Don’t focus on the numbers, they look all messed up. Remain hopeful that the WL will move all.

Just to update: The Med2 classes have been fixed and now display the full 120 so someone has gone in to administrate changes recently. Also, if they do "block" registration for 1st year the numbers still aren't adding up properly but most classes now show either 17 or 22 spots available. Again, this may not be indicative of anything accurate at all, but it is all we have to go by for now!

1 hour ago, Jessletmein said:

They modified the Dalonline, there are now 130 seats max instead of 120 and is now displaying 26 or 31 still unaccounted for ;) (maybe they won't fill them all though, who knows)
Would love to see some NS peeps get off this WL!!!  Has no one heard anything still? 

Thanks so much for the update! Wow, maybe there is still hope? Can anyone confirm if they got off the waitlist

1 hour ago, Mel96 said:

I just wonder if anyone in the Late 60’s range got in before or where we are on the list now ? Did everyone with a 70-71 score on the WL get in ? 
Having no visibility is so hard :( 

A couple of opinions on here have said they've seen people as low as 69s before and other as low as 65s... check out the waitlist related threads from this year if you haven't yet, and the AFMC info even though its not pool specific

This year (so far) only 1 of the 71s have been admitted from the NS pool (of those that have premed101 accounts, who knows how many others there actually are), three of us are still waiting and there has been a new vote in the 71 range recently that remains anonymous.

2 hours ago, Jessletmein said:

A couple of opinions on here have said they've seen people as low as 69s before and other as low as 65s... check out the waitlist related threads from this year if you haven't yet, and the AFMC info even though its not pool specific

This year (so far) only 1 of the 71s have been admitted from the NS pool (of those that have premed101 accounts, who knows how many others there actually are), three of us are still waiting and there has been a new vote in the 71 range recently that remains anonymous.

If you're going to look at past threads make sure you pay attention to which pool people got in from, I think historically people from NB have gotten off the NB waitlist with scores lower than the NS pool. Some people say "IP" and you think NS, but technically NB is IP too.

26 minutes ago, Jessletmein said:

What makes you think this, just the general timeline or do you have some insider info :wacko:

No no insider info, just from the stats and apparently Dal has said that most of the waitlist moves during the month of May since other schools release their letters. So, it just seems unlikely for anyone below the 71/70 score. Sorry didn't mean to stress anyone out. 

1 hour ago, mermaidblue said:

No no insider info, just from the stats and apparently Dal has said that most of the waitlist moves during the month of May since other schools release their letters. So, it just seems unlikely for anyone below the 71/70 score. Sorry didn't mean to stress anyone out. 

People get in until end of August and things are delayed cause of covid, I wouldn’t give up just yet. But I wouldn’t expect anything either.

2 hours ago, Jessletmein said:

Class registration for June 8 around 9am : 19-24 seats still "open"

Here goes another long week of hoping and praying :rolleyes:

I also have access to the time table and I'm confused because all of the classes except for one shows that there are 19-24 seats open, but then there's one class that says its full. Is that class open to non-med students too? I'm just confused as to why that ones full but the other ones aren't.