Premed 101 Forums

Patiently waiting for May 15, 2020

35 minutes ago, wannabdoctor said:

Ok so I am a little confused about this... I have heard that the decisions this year come out on 30th instead? Any news on this front? I would really rather not wait an extra two weeks to find out, this is excruciating :blink: 

Where have you heard this? That would be awful...

1 minute ago, BobSmith777 said:

Where have you heard this? That would be awful...

A friend of mine told me about it first. Then I checked the admissions package and it states that the "applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by May 31st"

This wasn't a recent change as I have the printed version of the admissions package from September.  Idk if the date the same in the previous years' admission packages as well. 

Maybe its just a final final date for when decisions will be out?

14 hours ago, wannabdoctor said:

A friend of mine told me about it first. Then I checked the admissions package and it states that the "applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by May 31st"

This wasn't a recent change as I have the printed version of the admissions package from September.  Idk if the date the same in the previous years' admission packages as well. 

I agree. I've always heard that they get to know by May 15th, I hope it doesn't go longer than that. 

14 hours ago, wannabdoctor said:

I read that too. I interpreted it as May 30th would be the latest possible date we would hear....May 15 has been relatively consistent in the past. Fingers crossed!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Qplsmxksowi said:

all the classes going online with uregina, wondering even if we get in how they are going to have the program ? 

how are they going to do all the labs!!? 

The latest email from USask states that we might still have labs and other activities, just that the classes will be online. I guess it might be more manageable because labs typically do have fewer people? That said, the details are still being hashed out and we wont know for sure till end of May but I really hope they don't cancel the program :o

1 hour ago, tallshirts said:

FWIW - I got an email saying that letters are probably going out this week, even though the bulletin says they will go out before May 31.

The last 5 years it has been May 15th so that would make sense. Did the email sound like it would be the very end of the week? Fingers crossed for earlier!

1 hour ago, Qplsmxksowi said:

all the classes going online with uregina, wondering even if we get in how they are going to have the program ? 

how are they going to do all the labs!!? 

A friend of mine was told by a faculty member from the u of s that regular classes will be online but the college of medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine will be on campus! Not sure if that will hold true but that’s what they were told