Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist offers

Hey everyone, 

I was wondering if people from past years can comment how many people come off the waitlist every year? Or, is there any hope? 

It seems that most people who have posted are either on the waitlist or have been accepted.. so its making me think that there are a LOT of waitlist offers?

Thank you!

Hi mermaidblue,

There is certainly hope for those on the waitlist! Once people who received offers to MUN and Dal make a decision on where they want to go, the waitlist should start to move. Also, once the other schools across Canada send out letters you should see another “wave” of movement :) I’m not sure how many people get off the waitlist each year but you could probably take a look at waitlist polls from previous years if you wanted to get a rough idea! I was waitlisted last year and got in once the Ontario schools sent out letters! Just keep busy and be kind to yourself~you are so close! Fingers crossed for you! :) 

4 minutes ago, Eliza18 said:

Hi mermaidblue,

There is certainly hope for those on the waitlist! Once people who received offers to MUN and Dal make a decision on where they want to go, the waitlist should start to move. Also, once the other schools across Canada send out letters you should see another “wave” of movement :) I’m not sure how many people get off the waitlist each year but you could probably take a look at waitlist polls from previous years if you wanted to get a rough idea! I was waitlisted last year and got in once the Ontario schools sent out letters! Just keep busy and be kind to yourself~you are so close! Fingers crossed for you! :) 

Do you mind sharing your score if you remember? Were you out of province or in province?

8 minutes ago, Eliza18 said:

Hi mermaidblue,

Hi Eliza, 

Thank you so much, that gives me some hope. Were you NB or NS, if that is okay to ask? 

I just have heard that the NS waitlist doesn't move much, so its made me quite disappointed. 

Thank you again :) 

22 minutes ago, Eliza18 said:

Hi mermaidblue,

also curious about your stats, type of IP pool and final score if you don't mind sharing. thanks!

1 hour ago, medschoolgal said:

Do people receive confirmations that their emails saying they accepted the waitlist positions was received? I’m always paranoid important things like that don’t go through.

In your confirmation, try asking a question! That way they have to answer you, which in turn lets you know that they've received it!