Premed 101 Forums

Will McMaster release selection criteria before May 12?

I think everyone lost the button. Two ways to think about it:

a) The button meant people had offers and they just fixed the code for the button so that it would be accessible at midnight with a proper "if" statement. Possible it took longer to do so because they did not want to mess up with offers that were already loaded to OMSAS.

b) Meaningless glitch and they only fixed it because people kept messaging about its relevance.

I think this does go against what people said in the OMSAS live chats about how this has no indication about people having offers and that everyone should have the button. Clearly that is no longer the case because they removed everyone's buttons.

2 minutes ago, huffandpuff said:

yeah i'd bet they just deployed the fixed if statement to production with the rest of the admissions today. i think those of you with buttons should expect an offer tonight :)

The question would still remain, why would it not appear for any of the people with top top stats?

7 minutes ago, huffandpuff said:

yeah i'd bet they just deployed the fixed if statement to production with the rest of the admissions today. i think those of you with buttons should expect an offer tonight :)

Lots of bias going on here, what if it was a meaningless glitch and they patched it so they would stopped being asked about it? Strange they did it 8 hours from release at the end of their work day but still

1 minute ago, SoftTings said:

The question would still remain, why would it not appear for any of the people with top top stats?

That is difficult to answer because it requires a lot of assumptions. We can go a number of different ways to look at this too. These people with top top stats usually had interviews with Ottawa and OOP Manitoba. But we haven't really done any comparison to people with buttons with more average stats. How many of them applied to Ottawa? How many of them applied to Manitoba? Did they not get the Ottawa interview because of poor ABS or another reason? Things that would not be reflective of their Mac interview. There's also the comparison of applicant pool, where Mac has 5000 compared to Manitoba or Ottawa which is lower. Lastly, people could just be lying about their stats. If I didn't have a button and I wanted to convince people that the button was meaningless, I would say I have high stats, and say I got interviews with other schools that use CASPER. One person was actually called out for boosting stats lmfao. I know some people have said that all their friends with high stats did not get the button either, so this is obviously all speculation. The way I still look at it is, button likely positive because only affect Mac, not everyone and is linked with an offer, but no button does not mean rejection.