Premed 101 Forums

Will McMaster release selection criteria before May 12?

Just now, JayKay said:

curious - is there any school that is considered "the best". I know UofT has reputation but all schools seem to have something that puts them "on the map" if you may. Getting into medical school in Canada is such an achievement. I don't think you can call any 1 school "bad" 

I would guess that UofT's waitlist moves the least. But I think that may have to do more so with people being from the GTA rather than it being the "best". 

I think ranking schools via tiers is more of an American thing where their schools actually do differ in the quality of education and quality of doctors they produce due to differences in funding, etc. 

In Canada, the "best" school depends on the individual. 

3 minutes ago, JayKay said:

curious - is there any school that is considered "the best". I know UofT has reputation but all schools seem to have something that puts them "on the map" if you may. Getting into medical school in Canada is such an achievement. I don't think you can call any 1 school "bad" 

Medical school (as in undergraduate medical education) - theyre all about the same quality of education; Research is where it differs. UofT gets its clout from research, hospitals, and the university as a whole, not from their medical student education

I know some people have said they lost their button, but I still have mine. Just wanted to chime in and say it doesn't seem like everyone has lost their buttons.

My bad lol I thought we were talking about the button in the red box, not the button below the red box. I don't have the button below the red box.

Edited by yungpablo
Lmao