Premed 101 Forums

Discussions - Final Decisions 2020

3 minutes ago, Applicant95 said:

This thread is really confusing me! I'm an OOP applicant who did courses at both IP (Athabasca) and OOP (McMaster) schools. I thought we already sent in our transcripts before interviewing. What is this whole "requesting transcripts" thing about?

If you go onto your bear tracks account, you can see that your Athabasca transcript will have been requested on your behalf (mine said April 29). You also need to send updated transcripts with your winter 2020 term marks/completion from McMaster

12 minutes ago, coffeeandmed said:

If you go onto your bear tracks account, you can see that your Athabasca transcript will have been requested on your behalf (mine said April 29). You also need to send updated transcripts with your winter 2020 term marks/completion from McMaster

I'm currently enrolled in ENGL211 at Athabasca, although I'm just going to withdraw if I get an acceptance somewhere.. I don't see anything about them requesting it / automatically requesting it on my behalf? Either way, they wouldn't see a mark, only that I'm still "currently enrolled" in the course. 

5 minutes ago, theevilsloth said:

I'm currently enrolled in ENGL211 at Athabasca, although I'm just going to withdraw if I get an acceptance somewhere.. I don't see anything about them requesting it / automatically requesting it on my behalf? Either way, they wouldn't see a mark, only that I'm still "currently enrolled" in the course. 

1431118248_ScreenShot2020-05-01at2_39_33PM.thumb.png.1765c26ae8019428827f853e37118755.png

Okay so here's what mine looks like...the transcript that was requested in September 2019 would have had that I was registered in a class, but the class had not be completed yet (same as your ENGL211 class). 

Did you register in the English class recently?

17 minutes ago, coffeeandmed said:

Did you register in the English class recently?

Ah, I know what happened. I never completed the APAS transcript authorization form, I sent my Athabasca transcript to them manually. So under "to so" it says "

Details: Athabasca University, AB. You must arrange to have this document sent directly from the issuing institution, if you have not already done so.

And no, I registered a while ago just to be able to apply to UBC. When I got the R I never actually finished the course, which is why I'll just take a W if I get an acceptance.

Just now, theevilsloth said:

Ah, I know what happened. I never completed the APAS transcript authorization form, I sent it to them manually. So it says "

Details: Athabasca University, AB. You must arrange to have this document sent directly from the issuing institution, if you have not already done so.

Ahhh gotcha! I'm glad we got that figured out :)

6 hours ago, theevilsloth said:

What are people's predictions for decision day? This week is in line with past dates, but next week corresponds with Calgary's decision. 

I wish they let us know. Could literally be any day before May 15th. But I think it’ll either be tomorrow or the 11th. They tend to release the results on Mondays. 

26 minutes ago, RiderSx said:

I wish they let us know. Could literally be any day before May 15th. But I think it’ll either be tomorrow or the 11th. They tend to release the results on Mondays. 

I’m going to be on the verge of passing out from anxiety literally every time my email pings this week and next week. 

2 hours ago, HopefulUndergrad said:

For those who got their transcripts requested does it say they have been received yet on the same page?

There should be a new note underneath the one requesting the transcript saying that the transcript has been received. My transcripts have not arrived yet according to bear tracks.

6 minutes ago, Applicant95 said:

I think at this point, it's safe to assume they're not coming out today. If you check posts on this thread from previous years, people posted at an earlier time than now.

You just had to ruin the yes train...