Premed 101 Forums

U of S invites

On 6/10/2020 at 10:59 PM, futureDr.C said:

Merissa emailed me today saying that lectures will be remote in fall, but will have  in person labs, haven't set concrete plans yet so could be change 

On 6/9/2020 at 10:44 PM, AG237 said:

We will be starting online! I have friends in upper dent years and they received information today about orientation and classes beginning online 

Do we labs for the upcoming fall year 1 fall semester or is everything going to be online? Trying to figure out if i should find a place in Saskatoon

13 minutes ago, ffheynowff said:

Do we labs for the upcoming fall year 1 fall semester or is everything going to be online? Trying to figure out if i should find a place in Saskatoon

Are you accepted, or waitlisted, i heard people got intel a bit saying lectures are online and labs are in person possibly.

1 hour ago, futureDr.C said:

I have not but I have thought about it. 

sameee, tbh I'm only being this patient since you guys were like let's wait for a week. Can't we just call him or something. 

ALSO, there's a different phone no. when i search college of dent on google. I might just try calling that number tomorrow 

I think it would come off much stronger if we all talk to the dean and not just one student that they might think they could ignore.  I'm all in for anything we decide. It's our right to know what's going on, we spent so much time and money on the application process itself. On top of that, so much mental stress from last few months.  

The things is how do we all talk to the dean? 
Write him an email and all sign off on it ? 
I just think hearing and seeing acceptances from people who aren’t top third off waitlist is wrong, them not emailing a new method of Offers is wrong and not returning phone calls or emails 48 hours after is unprofessional. I called back in May and still haven’t got a call back ! 

21 minutes ago, futureDr.C said:

The things is how do we all talk to the dean? 
Write him an email and all sign off on it ? 
I just think hearing and seeing acceptances from people who aren’t top third off waitlist is wrong, them not emailing a new method of Offers is wrong and not returning phone calls or emails 48 hours after is unprofessional. I called back in May and still haven’t got a call back ! 

Yeah I was thinking one of us writes an email and cc the others and mention in the email that they’ve cc’d all the accounts of students who’re concerned with the same issue. And definitely put a strong word about how we’ve been waiting for an email for a week and haven’t received anything. 
or we can all put our emails and names on the email the one person decides to write. 

19 hours ago, Dr.Dent said:

Yeah I was thinking one of us writes an email and cc the others and mention in the email that they’ve cc’d all the accounts of students who’re concerned with the same issue. And definitely put a strong word about how we’ve been waiting for an email for a week and haven’t received anything. 
or we can all put our emails and names on the email the one person decides to write. 

Those of you on the top third, could you please add your name to the document! we should probably send it by the end of tomorrow, so please do it as soon as you are free! :)

Guys I think we should wait at least one more week before sending anybody anything further. My friends in dent are telling me that lots of faculty go on vacation this week. Another friend just told me as well that her class rep was in contact with someone from admissions today and that a lot of the college in general has been talking to the dean and admissions. I don't think we should try to this extreme at this point. 

11 minutes ago, c5555 said:

Guys I think we should wait at least one more week before sending anybody anything further. My friends in dent are telling me that lots of faculty go on vacation this week. Another friend just told me as well that her class rep was in contact with someone from admissions today and that a lot of the college in general has been talking to the dean and admissions. I don't think we should try to this extreme at this point. 

good idea! I think we should wait till upcoming Thursday then. that'll be exactly 2 weeks from when my friend got off the middle third of the waitlist, and not too close to the end of july. thank you for letting us know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! This is one of the only latest USask Thread I found so I will seek for advice here.

I am currently in 2nd year at uRegina, taking my prereqs right now. I am more so leaning forward to uSask dentistry as in IP but I plan on also applying for UofA.

I was wondering: does uSask look into extra curriculars? I've viewed the admission process and it seems as if they do not take in ECs as part of admissions. With Covid, I had to cancel my shadowing plans with my dentist and there is not much I can really do so I am kind of stressed out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 1:32 AM, ancientsoul said:

good idea! I think we should wait till upcoming Thursday then. that'll be exactly 2 weeks from when my friend got off the middle third of the waitlist, and not too close to the end of july. thank you for letting us know!

Anybody know what happened with the whole thing with people getting off the waitlist in lower positions?

7 hours ago, c5555 said:

Yeah, the dude is in. He payed his deposit. The whole situation sickens me. We all got played 

Wow that’s no good. The varying degrees regarding the lack of transparency in admissions processes is unacceptable in my opinion. Students dedicate years of education and hard work prior to applying only to be met with relatively vague admissions information. If one put themselves in the shoes of these students they could easily see how frustrating this is. You can’t help but feel there is little empathy towards prospect students although being empathic is a highly valued personal trait in dentistry.

4 hours ago, c5555 said:
4 hours ago, c5555 said:
4 hours ago, c5555 said:

Yeah, like last year I was waitlisted middle third and never got in. So unfair that he gets a chance that I didn’t. Anyways maybe it’s for the best

And we haven’t even gotten an email stating that we’re not getting in lol. My friends have had their second day of classes and we got nothing.  I’m literally not gonna apply here next year. This is mental torture.