Premed 101 Forums

U of S invites

10 minutes ago, ancientsoul said:

yes in province. I think they're taking a different approach this year to the list idk lol, but please don't bombard melissa with emails as i already emailed her! ill let you guys know what she says

Thanks for keeping us updated!

8 hours ago, ancientsoul said:

yes in province. I think they're taking a different approach this year to the list idk lol, but please don't bombard melissa with emails as i already emailed her! ill let you guys know what she says

What did you email her ? 
if they’re picking by random right now that’s upsetting because we were told what part of waitlist we were on and everyone else who got in got in all because of grades by order. 

is this person who got an offer in someone who has applied multiple times? Are they going to accept it ?? 

10 hours ago, futureDr.N said:

What did you email her ? 
if they’re picking by random right now that’s upsetting because we were told what part of waitlist we were on and everyone else who got in got in all because of grades by order. 

is this person who got an offer in someone who has applied multiple times? Are they going to accept it ?? 

i just told her i heard of someone in the middle third getting accepted and asked her if I should be worried since I'm above that applicant on the waitlist. but I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quick guys, we have no idea what approach these guys are taking so just stay patient. but i agree, it is very annoying and illogical to make us wait 2 months with no response and then all of a sudden pull a move as random as this

14 hours ago, ancientsoul said:

i just told her i heard of someone in the middle third getting accepted and asked her if I should be worried since I'm above that applicant on the waitlist. but I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quick guys, we have no idea what approach these guys are taking so just stay patient. but i agree, it is very annoying and illogical to make us wait 2 months with no response and then all of a sudden pull a move as random as this

Honestly I think we should be worried. This means that the whole purpose of the waitlist has been defeated. I have a feeling the college accidentally made some sort of mistake.

6 minutes ago, c5555 said:

Honestly I think we should be worried. This means that the whole purpose of the waitlist has been defeated. I have a feeling the college accidentally made some sort of mistake.

I agree we should be worried, it feels like they’re just picking at random because they now feel bad that they picked the top 32 IP and OOP and IP people are barely declining their spots so they want to give people with lower averages a chance. 
I hope they realized how much the interview was important and it should of been done virtually, just like medicine. 
Very disappointing to be on the waitlist this year, to be told you’re top third thinking you could get in quickly and now 2 months Later they’re just picking at random ?!? should of not told us our spots 

1 hour ago, futureDr.N said:

I agree we should be worried, it feels like they’re just picking at random because they now feel bad that they picked the top 32 IP and OOP and IP people are barely declining their spots so they want to give people with lower averages a chance. 
I hope they realized how much the interview was important and it should of been done virtually, just like medicine. 
Very disappointing to be on the waitlist this year, to be told you’re top third thinking you could get in quickly and now 2 months Later they’re just picking at random ?!? should of not told us our spots 

I still get sad/frustrated when I think about how the interviews were cancelled. We pay a fee and go through the application process knowing that we have the chance to get an interview. I’m sure we all prepped for months for the MMI once we were offered one. The interview is such a crucial part of the application process. And then they tell us it will be rescheduled, but the next email they send says it’s cancelled. I understand COVID-19 hasn’t made things easy but why were medicine and pharmacy able to adapt so quickly? And when they informed us that they were cancelled they didn’t really explain why they weren’t able to do virtual interviews, they just said “interviews cancelled here are the results” out of the blue.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:33 AM, futureDr.N said:

Like did they put all our names in a generator and just there is a winner, because none of this makes sense, nor is fair. Hasn't been from the start 

That's no fair and they can't do that if their original selected applicants were based on DAT scores and Average in school. 

2 hours ago, c5555 said:

I REALLY HOPE they realize this mistake.. But then it's not fair to the middle third people who have already been offered admission. But they better offer top thirds the position b/c their original selection criteria was academic average and DAT, so they gotta stick to that

I agree they have to stick to what they had said when they cancelled interviews, they can’t be offering randomly when they had a criteria set forth. 
usually average is 81-95. I don’t know if they’re trying to keep it the same Or what but I hope this is a mistake, because top third would of gotten some offers by now! 

17 minutes ago, Crockus said:

I still get sad/frustrated when I think about how the interviews were cancelled. We pay a fee and go through the application process knowing that we have the chance to get an interview. I’m sure we all prepped for months for the MMI once we were offered one. The interview is such a crucial part of the application process. And then they tell us it will be rescheduled, but the next email they send says it’s cancelled. I understand COVID-19 hasn’t made things easy but why were medicine and pharmacy able to adapt so quickly? And when they informed us that they were cancelled they didn’t really explain why they weren’t able to do virtual interviews, they just said “interviews cancelled here are the results” out of the blue.

I totally agree with how you feel! I prepped everyday since they gave the interview Invite email, and then giving notice that they will proceed, and then reschedule and then say nope we cancel here is offers/waitlist/rejections out of the blue! 

ALSO for all the people who got interview invites this year but didn’t get to interview we have NO step ahead of the people applying next year, just that we practiced for a couple months. 

4 minutes ago, futureDr.N said:

I agree they have to stick to what they had said when they cancelled interviews, they can’t be offering randomly when they had a criteria set forth. 
usually average is 81-95. I don’t know if they’re trying to keep it the same Or what but I hope this is a mistake, because top third would of gotten some offers by now! 

again though, that's unfair. choosing certain people to keep their college average lower is literally putting our hardwork and efforts to get into this school all in vain. And the whole purpose of having ranks on wait-list is defied.  Sorry but I guess I'm just very mad atm. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Dent said:

again though, that's unfair. choosing certain people to keep their college average lower is literally putting our hardwork and efforts to get into this school all in vain. And the whole purpose of having ranks on wait-list is defied.  Sorry but I guess I'm just very mad atm. 

oh I am too! im just trying to come up with something that will make me feel better to justify this! because it is unacceptable 

4 hours ago, futureDr.N said:

hopefully there is some sort of explanation, clear up tomorrow once merissa is back in work hours. 

yeah. I guess I'm really bent on the fact that I don't believe u of s would do that and think they can get away with it. my dad even said we could take them to court if that is the case (lol). But I'm under the impression that if people below us got their acceptances, then we'll probably get ours soon too. I never fully believed that there was no movement for 2 whole months anyway, especially for the college of dentistry. people with a 95 average would've definitely had this as their plan b, and not to mention the oop list mustve moved significantly too. but obviously we won't know until we are clarified, but still, the university knows they cannot pull a move like this and not expect any backlash. :)

I think the college can really do anything they want sadly, and give us "we cant disclose any information" because at the end of the day they're getting paid no matter what and we play their game. We always will.  I really hope that something comes forth with this though, because it isn't right. We've been in the dark too long tbh! 

I never fully believed that 2 months went by and barely any movement IP, but it could happen we don't know all the people that applied, all i know is that the UofS Dentistry Class of 2024 has only 23 members and 1 new member joined last week. 

All the people that emailed merissa just post on the forum what comes from it, and hopefully it's good news 

34 minutes ago, futureDr.N said:

I think the college can really do anything they want sadly, and give us "we cant disclose any information" because at the end of the day they're getting paid no matter what and we play their game. We always will.  I really hope that something comes forth with this though, because it isn't right. We've been in the dark too long tbh! 

I never fully believed that 2 months went by and barely any movement IP, but it could happen we don't know all the people that applied, all i know is that the UofS Dentistry Class of 2024 has only 23 members and 1 new member joined last week. 

All the people that emailed merissa just post on the forum what comes from it, and hopefully it's good news 

I'm gonna wait and see what she responds to your guy's emails. If not, I def. encourage us all emailing them so that they realize it's not so easy to just randomly choose people from waitlist. My dad said the same about taking them to court since the only criteria for selection was grades and DAT. They can't even say that some people were chosen b/c of interview skills or anything. lol