Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think they mean as in the spots are already open and they're still pending on sending us the offer. because we now know the waitlist moved 4 spots, and its probably likely that it moved more, they j

That was worded so well. What a good summary of the crap we put up with this year. Absolutely unbelievable.

I know an OOP person who got accepted today off of the waitlist, maybe we'll be hearing back soon too

2 minutes ago, ancientsoul said:

i agree I'm trying to be more positive and patient. but if its the opposite case and they ignore us again.. I will be too mad to apply again next year

I have a hunch that they’re leaving the last spots for the top third

Just now, c5555 said:

i did too but after hearing some of your guys' perspectives and seeing people i know get in I'm getting nervous. i just hope she doesn't ignore for a whole other month again

43 minutes ago, ancientsoul said:

hey guys, i got no email. also, i heard of another two students getting in. so thats 4 in total that i know of lol..

You know for a fact that these other two students were in province applicants? Sorry I  just want to get the information straight 

3 minutes ago, c5555 said:

I’m so furious it’s not even funny

I know it’s hard but honestly just try and keep busy and keep your mind off of it. Otherwise it’ll just worsen the anxiety I’m sure we are all already feeling. We don’t have all of the information yet, and there’s nothing we can really do but wait and see what Merissa responds. 

1 hour ago, c5555 said:

But they won't even know if more people will leave their spots from accepted applicants , how can they leave us for the end? that's unpredictable 

39 minutes ago, Crockus said:

I know it’s hard but honestly just try and keep busy and keep your mind off of it. Otherwise it’ll just worsen the anxiety I’m sure we are all already feeling. We don’t have all of the information yet, and there’s nothing we can really do but wait and see what Merissa responds. 

weird thing she responded within minutes when I emailed her asking about what part of waitlist I was on, which was probably the busiest time for them lol. I have a feeling she isn't responding coz she prob doesn't know/or is also as surprised as us - meaning it could've been a mistake. 

5 minutes ago, Dr.Dent said:

But they won't even know if more people will leave their spots from accepted applicants , how can they leave us for the end? that's unpredictable 

i think they mean as in the spots are already open and they're still pending on sending us the offer. because we now know the waitlist moved 4 spots, and its probably likely that it moved more, they just haven't informed us yet. but this is just an assumption like everything else we've been saying. lol they could not have left us more confused

1 minute ago, ancientsoul said:

i think they mean as in the spots are already open and they're still pending on sending us the offer. because we now know the waitlist moved 4 spots, and its probably likely that it moved more, they just haven't informed us yet. but this is just an assumption like everything else we've been saying. lol they could not have left us more confused

ikr!! It literally takes 2 minutes to write an email saying this is going on, keep your patience. Plus the fact that we were all so close to getting in, now seeing other people getting spots that might've been ours, sucks !

i just read all of this, im so frustrated!!! i cannot believe WE HAVENT been emailed about anything and 4 people got off the waitlist that are below the top third waitlist. im disgusted that they are doing this to us !

Since the posts were on social media what day did they post them ?!?! Last week or Monday (june 29)? 

53 minutes ago, ancientsoul said:

i think thats optimistic that it would be pending sending offers, id think they'd send all the offers they can at once so they can fill up or move to the next people fast! 

Disappointed how this is going, defiantly is putting me off applying again next year and trying again for the DAT possibly when all my efforts have just been shot in the foot the first time. i know this application cycle is different but they've made it unbearable 

15 minutes ago, futureDr.C said:

i think thats optimistic that it would be pending sending offers, id think they'd send all the offers they can at once so they can fill up or move to the next people fast! 

Disappointed how this is going, defiantly is putting me off applying again next year and trying again for the DAT possibly when all my efforts have just been shot in the foot the first time. i know this application cycle is different but they've made it unbearable 

well i mean id also expect them to have email us promptly when offers were available but they waited till the end of june for even that. there's no clear conclusion we can make until she emails back. and they posted it on monday

15 hours ago, ancientsoul said:

well i mean id also expect them to have email us promptly when offers were available but they waited till the end of june for even that. there's no clear conclusion we can make until she emails back. and they posted it on monday

Should we email her again? or does that sound too desperate lol 

8 minutes ago, futureDr.C said:

But last time I called she never answered me but she answered my email. Maybe she took this week off because of Canada day ?!? 

yeah that could be the reason. I guess we can't do anything at this point but wait, which sucks in this situation. 

you mean the general email address? because i think Merissa still answers that 

3 minutes ago, ancientsoul said:

i think we should stay patient for one more week, and if things don't come to a definite conclusion then we could consider contacting the general admissions office of u of s?