Premed 101 Forums

U of S invites

Yeah these past 2 days have been hard, just knowing that there is no chance anymore! I'm defiantly looking into other schools to apply to next year, and boosting my DAT for more security. 

Everyone who was waitlisted, we truly deserve a pat on the back for dealing with all the shit from admissions this year.... having people get in that were below us, lied to, no contact and having our interview opportunity taken away from us. 

Truly hope that we get what we all deserve next year, whether it be that we get into dentistry or find another program/job that fits us better. 

I try to think of the positives that we will possibly get the full orientation and classroom experience next year. 

13 hours ago, futureDr.C said:

Yeah these past 2 days have been hard, just knowing that there is no chance anymore! I'm defiantly looking into other schools to apply to next year, and boosting my DAT for more security. 

Everyone who was waitlisted, we truly deserve a pat on the back for dealing with all the shit from admissions this year.... having people get in that were below us, lied to, no contact and having our interview opportunity taken away from us. 

Truly hope that we get what we all deserve next year, whether it be that we get into dentistry or find another program/job that fits us better. 

I try to think of the positives that we will possibly get the full orientation and classroom experience next year. 

That was worded so well. What a good summary of the crap we put up with this year. Absolutely unbelievable.

33 minutes ago, Dr.Dent said:

anyone receive a rejection letter yet?

I think they'll come next week, cause this week was only orientation and possibly 1-2 days of classes. 

Not looking like anyone is going to drop dentistry. 

Even did you see nursing hasn't made it through the top ten, I don't know why no waitlists are moving this year..... 

4 hours ago, futureDr.C said:

I think they'll come next week, cause this week was only orientation and possibly 1-2 days of classes. 

Not looking like anyone is going to drop dentistry. 

Even did you see nursing hasn't made it through the top ten, I don't know why no waitlists are moving this year..... 

prob coz it's harder to find places to rent etc. due to covid or people wana stay in hometowns 

3 hours ago, Crockus said:

Thanks, that’s good to know! Keep us updated

Its on the selection criteria PDF on the website (although it doesn't say anything about CASPer on main page) CASPer has 0% weight in the application, it's for research purposes, it HAS to be done by November 19th 

It does not replace the interview and USASK still requires DAT

Given the current pandemic situation, the Canadian Dental Association is not able to safely offer the Manual Dexterity section for the November 2020 DAT. Therefore, the Manual Dexterity section will not be included in the evaluation of applicants for the 2021 admission cycle. Applicants will still need to present a minimum score of 15/30 in each of the Reading & Comprehension and Perceptual Ability sections.  The November 2020 DAT will be considered for Fall 2021 admission.

What UofA released 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, futureDr.C said:

Its on the selection criteria PDF on the website (although it doesn't say anything about CASPer on main page) CASPer has 0% weight in the application, it's for research purposes, it HAS to be done by November 19th 

It does not replace the interview and USASK still requires DAT

I don't see U of S dent when I go to sign up for it tho????? I'm so confused 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...