Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 12th

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, nishdoc said:

I think I’m going to try to sleep and wait for AM email. The idea of not seeing anything there and having to wait until the morning to find out about WL or straight rejection is too painful. Or if I get accepted everyone I would want to tell would be sleeping anyways 

good point i think i might do that! if it's going to be bad news then i'm not in a rush to find out aha is everyone here from northern ontario or not?

2 minutes ago, kenzie11 said:

I am! Lived in a small town up north until I left for Uni :)

cool! i'm from ontario but not northern so i'm not sure how my chances are. also not sure if they're going to evaluate the interviews in the same way. did mine online instead of in-person.. what about you guys? 

I think I am going to try to wait for the morning! I don't want whatever I see on OMSAS to keep me up (especially if I see nothing, cause that could mean literally anything). I am also from Northern Ontario, my interview was in-person. I feel okay about it! A couple of stations I know I could have done better, but I also feel good about a couple as well. It is my second time applying! 

1 minute ago, mdhopeful26 said:

I think I am going to try to wait for the morning! I don't want whatever I see on OMSAS to keep me up (especially if I see nothing, cause that could mean literally anything). I am also from Northern Ontario, my interview was in-person. I feel okay about it! A couple of stations I know I could have done better, but I also feel good about a couple as well. It is my second time applying! 

pretty much how i felt about my interview!! (just finished my final year & first time applying to nosm)

7 minutes ago, nishdoc said:

I’m rural northern Ontario born and raised, my interview was also online! Not sure how I feel about it, this is also my first time applying. 

haha i know i don't really remember exactly what i said anymore!! and it's hard to tell how well my answers were received. i do think it's less nerve-wracking to do it online though and i'm glad that i didn't run into technical difficulties, cause i think some people did? not sure

Hi everyone!  Current NOSM student here. I just wanted to try and ease some of the anxiety that I know many of you are experiencing right now. I don't recall there being any sort of indication of acceptance/rejection on OMSAS at midnight. I definitely had to wait for my email in the morning. So unless something has changed since I applied, don't get too worked up if nothing changes on your OMSAS tonight.

I hope you are all able to get some sleep tonight. Regardless of what email you receive tomorrow, it will be a day full of emotion. If you don't get the news you're hoping for and know that this is the path for you, don't give up.

1 minute ago, bornandraised said:

Hi everyone!  Current NOSM student here. I just wanted to try and ease some of the anxiety that I know many of you are experiencing right now. I don't recall there being any sort of indication of acceptance/rejection on OMSAS at midnight. I definitely had to wait for my email in the morning. So unless something has changed since I applied, don't get too worked up if nothing changes on your OMSAS tonight.

I hope you are all able to get some sleep tonight. Regardless of what email you receive tomorrow, it will be a day full of emotion. If you don't get the news you're hoping for and know that this is the path for you, don't give up.

Thank you so much for that! :)

15 minutes ago, teapot said:

haha i know i don't really remember exactly what i said anymore!! and it's hard to tell how well my answers were received. i do think it's less nerve-wracking to do it online though and i'm glad that i didn't run into technical difficulties, cause i think some people did? not sure

I wouldn’t say I had technical issues during mine but my internet was being slow and I could tell as I was speaking that the video was lagging, I just hope it actually saved normally and not delayed

8 minutes ago, nishdoc said:

I wouldn’t say I had technical issues during mine but my internet was being slow and I could tell as I was speaking that the video was lagging, I just hope it actually saved normally and not delayed

i think that's fine since i remember one of the emails mentioned that they'd be understanding about upload times due to slow internet 

1 minute ago, mdhopeful26 said:

How did the online interviews go? Did you have the 10 stations and stuff like we did in person?

Yeah we did! they used an special company that we had to go through. We had two minutes to read the prompt like a normal MMI and then a had the 8 minutes to answer, only difference was there was no interviewer so you were just talking to yourself, and if you were done before the 8 min you could submit and move on to the next station. 

6 minutes ago, nishdoc said:

Yeah we did! they used an special company that we had to go through. We had two minutes to read the prompt like a normal MMI and then a had the 8 minutes to answer, only difference was there was no interviewer so you were just talking to yourself, and if you were done before the 8 min you could submit and move on to the next station. 

Oh okay! Sounds like the same structure, just different cause of the online aspect and not having a person on the other end. I wonder how they have scored things so that they are equal! Regardless, I hope things work out for us aahh!

4 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

Oh okay! Sounds like the same structure, just different cause of the online aspect and not having a person on the other end. I wonder how they have scored things so that they are equal! Regardless, I hope things work out for us aahh!

It was definitely a weird experience, especially because this was my first time applying so I had nothing to compare it to! 

I hope this works out for us!! this wait is torture