Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Salaire net vs brut au Québec


Recommended Posts

Salut à tous! J'ai une question qui est vraiment de base.

Je suis une future R1 au Québec et j'essaie de planifier mon budget pour la rentrée (notamment en terme de logement!). D'après l'échelle salariale sur le site de la FMRQ, nous aurons droit à un salaire de 48 292 $ pour la première année. Sur le même site, j'ai lu que l'impôt sera retiré du salaire à partir de déductions à la base. Le montant indiqué correspond-il donc au salaire net ou au salaire brut?

Merci d'avance! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

C'est le salaire brut. À ça, il faut rajouter les primes de gardes et d'enseignement qui sont versées aux 4 semaines donc ça revient à environ 59 000$ brut de mémoire. À ça, il faut déduire les impôts, les contributions au régime des rentes, au RQAP, etc. et les contributions aux assurances collectives. Je ne sais pas à combien exactement le montant net revient mais j'imagine que des résidents sur le forum pourraient le dire.

Il faut aussi considérer que l'impôt est un peu moindre la première année (considérant qu'on ne gagne pas d'argent pour les 6 premiers mois de l'année).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Metzthatcut said:

Net in surgical specialties is 1650/biweekly. You can also fill out the T1213 to request for tax deduction from source (your income) if cash flow is important to you.

Thanks Metzthatcut! I'll take note of that, you guys are definitely more financially savvy than I am.

Is there a reason you specified surgical specialties? Shouldn't the salaries be unified across residents in Quebec, thanks to the agreement between the FMRQ and the MSSS? Unless it's due to differences in terms of teaching/calls between specialties? This brings me to the follow-up question:

On 4/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, Snowmen said:

À ça, il faut rajouter les primes de gardes et d'enseignement qui sont versées aux 4 semaines donc ça revient à environ 59 000$ brut de mémoire.

Are these premiums proportional to the actual amount of teaching/calls we do? I'm assuming the actual number of hours that residents put into teaching/calls vary greatly month to month and according to the rotation. Do they keep track of them somehow? Seems like a headache. And what do they mean by teaching? Are they referring to clerk supervision? I was willing to do that for free ha :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there's a difference between family medicine and specialty in terms of resident salary. The call and teaching premiums on my paychecks are standardized regardless of how many hours are spent on them during my rotation. Even within one specialty, there's variation in paycheck amounts depending on which insurance package you picked, if you authorized them to withdraw tax amounts before filling taxes, bonus premiums if you have a leadership role (chief resident, resident associations, etc)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, F508 said:

I don't think there's a difference between family medicine and specialty in terms of resident salary. The call and teaching premiums on my paychecks are standardized regardless of how many hours are spent on them during my rotation. Even within one specialty, there's variation in paycheck amounts depending on which insurance package you picked, if you authorized them to withdraw tax amounts before filling taxes, bonus premiums if you have a leadership role (chief resident, resident associations, etc)

would you know what the net r1 salary is then with all premiums included? thank you. Additionally in the fmrq collective agreement it shows, "medical residents shall benefit from the parametric increases in compensation awarded to Health and Social Services system technologists and professionals for the period from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021." Will there be an increase to the salary scale then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Metzthatcut said:

would you know what the net r1 salary is then with all premiums included? thank you. Additionally in the fmrq collective agreement it shows, "medical residents shall benefit from the parametric increases in compensation awarded to Health and Social Services system technologists and professionals for the period from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021." Will there be an increase to the salary scale then?

I asked a friend, he told me it was a tiny bit over 1500$ every 2 weeks but that he received a 5000-6000$ tax return after the first 6 months of R1 (because of the lower annual revenue from working only 6 months and tuition tax credits).

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a future R1 in family medicine in Quebec based in a rural UMF, will I get any additional benefits ? I understand that I will get reimbursement for travel expenses and for housing while on away rotations but my question is how much of additional salary will I roughly get per month on top of the base salary ?

 

Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F508 said:

I think there are incremental increases in salary every year. When I was in R1, I had around 1500 every two weeks including premiums and no additional insurance package. No idea about rural premiums.

It's a 5000$ increase/year because of the promotion from R1 to R2 to R3 and so on and then there's a ~2% increase to the actual salary every April because of inflation and what not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, F508 said:

I think there are incremental increases in salary every year. When I was in R1, I had around 1500 every two weeks including premiums and no additional insurance package. No idea about rural premiums.

Hi there. When we’re you an R1? I think the salary stays the same for R1 this year moving forward to 2020 but if you were an R1 prior to this academic year I should expect a slight increase from 1500.

ps by not including additional insurance, is that inclusive of the fmrq one? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...