Premed 101 Forums

MD Class of 2024 bag colour

What do you guys speculate the colour of the incoming class's bag will be? Of course, green, red, blue, and previous colours will be off the table. I'm guessing a shade of yellow or orange?

I know that the class of 2023 could help choose the colour. Not sure what the options were lol.

14 minutes ago, coffeeandmed said:

If I had the power to choose any colour, it would be a deep purple. But if the same colours are kept from the polls last year, my guess would be the blood orange. 

Ooh, deep purple would be super dope. Blood orange doesn't sound bad to me either actually. Could I ask what other colour options there were? I can't find them anywhere.

16 minutes ago, 88risingsun said:

Cool, thanks!! Grey is really nice. I thought they wouldn't give us green since 2023 is green. Thanks for sharing!

These were the colours that were voted on for the class of 2023 backpacks! The greens will likely be gone this year and replaced with something else. I don' think the official colours have been posted anywhere yet. 

3 minutes ago, chiynadoll said:

I voted in the poll a few months back. There was two types of yellow/orange shades, a raspberry pink (I think...) and grey. 

oh no please not pink not a fan of yellow or orange. i don't mind the grey.

Honestly the red one from a few years ago was my favourite.  

50 minutes ago, med1234med said:

oh no please not pink not a fan of yellow or orange. i don't mind the grey.

Honestly the red one from a few years ago was my favourite.  

Red is the best (I am not biased as a class of 2013). I still don't understand why they didn't use that colour the year of the anniversary 

Last time it was orange the class got the code name the pylons. So you can look forward to that if it comes up again :)

1 hour ago, rmorelan said:

Red is the best (I am not biased as a class of 2013). I still don't understand why they didn't use that colour the year of the anniversary 

Last time it was orange the class got the code name the pylons. So you can look forward to that if it comes up again :)

Class of 2022 and 2023 are the Christmas colours (red and green respectively)

Just now, HighAltitudeMedicine said:

lol I'm starting to think the bag is like some sort of hazing ritual, the previous year had some ridiculous colours so the next have to suffer with the colour they'd not want to be caught dead in. Haha Please be gentle.  No pink or orange.  I'm hoping for grey! ;) 

I was just thinking this lol!  I also am hoping for grey!

58 minutes ago, acceptmeplease said:

ahaha i love this thread!!

I would put up with being called a pylon if it meant I got accepted into medical school!

could be worse too - the bright green bags were the frogs. 

Edited by rmorelan

2 hours ago, HighAltitudeMedicine said:

lol I'm starting to think the bag is like some sort of hazing ritual, the previous year had some ridiculous colours so the next have to suffer with the colour they'd not want to be caught dead in. Haha Please be gentle.  No pink or orange.  I'm hoping for grey! ;) 

My feel that way :)  But a big part of it is just that they are paying for advertising here (MD Financial - so yeah there are strings here) - and they aren't paying for subtle then. They would want bright, loud and so on. I was very surprised they went with grey one year.